The picture is one of my brother and mama about 1976....
or about 19 years before she died.
She was probably around 70 years old in this picture.
It's hard to believe that so much time has passed since my mother was right here with me.
But, in one way, my mother is STILL with me. Her life had a great bearing on me. She had such a positive outlook on life. She was definitely the epitome of "Find the good and magnify it." I always have said that it was because of her influence that those things that could have possibly made me bitter in life had a much harder time doing it. I know that each one of us has to choose to not allow the negative things that happen to us to define our lives, but it certainly helps when you have someone close to you who HELPS YOU to see through the ugly to the good.
My mother was one of the strong positive influences in my life that enabled me to stay saved. I'd like to be able to have as positive an influence myself.
My Dad died when I was eleven. Mom would have been 51. She took a practical nurses training course and worked as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Tennessee for about ten years. When she moved to Alabama she found that what she did in Tennessee was looked upon as Advanced LPN here. She worked until she was 67 years old. Then she retired and moved in with us. (Jef --my first child-- was born less that three months later. He never knew life without his grandmother being right there at his beck and call. She read to him. She fixed him snacks. She was just there to be a grandmother.) She lived for twenty-two more years. WOW. I used to say, I don't believe I could make it without my mom and I believe God knew it because He left her here for me to lean on.
She was a wonderful mother and a very missed grandmother.




No comments:
Post a Comment