My battery went out this week.
$135. Battery was $85.
My oil light came on twice. The first time I thought it was a fluke because I'd parked on a hill (in Sister Katie's yard the night of Tesia's shower.) But it came on again last night when I got in my car to start it. No hill this time. It went off before I was out of the Hobby Lobby parking lot but...
I decided just to be safe I'd go ahead and get an oil change. It probably was not long until I needed one anyway.
Went out to get in my car to go.... AND.... there was a stream of water coming out from under my car... What is this???
I decided I'd back up and see if I could see up under the car, but first decided to walk around to the other side and look up under to see if it was closer to the other side.
When I did, I saw that it wasn't my car at all. A stream of water was coming out of MY HOUSE.
OH NO!!
I had started a load of clothes to wash earlier so I thought, "The drainage hose must have worked its way out of the drain out pipe (again)"
I WISH..
When I went in to look my whole laundry room floor looked like it was an inch deep in water. I sloshed into the washing machine and lifted the lid and found that the machine WAS STILL FILLING..... for no telling how long.
It was up over the top and streaming out like a round water fall.
Luckily I had thrown all my dirty laundry in the floor so there was some sopping up of the water that would have flowed directly into my carpeted areas. That pile of laundry had probably also helped to divert the flow another direction. Normally when I've had water flow out (hose worked loose from drain out pipe), the slant of the floor is such that it runs right into the rooms of the house instead of out the back door.
I had piles of clean towels on the drier which I threw down to help out, then I went and called Josh and told him to please bring my wet vac home. I needed it
He came and vacuumed the water that had got into the carpet.
But, my washer is not cutting off and going into the next part of the cycle that agitates.
ARG.
Thankfully, it did spin out the water that was in the tub when I manually turned it to spin. But, now I do not have a working washing machine.
After we got the water up, I went on and got my oil changed.
I hoped when I got back that I could re-try the machine and learn that it would kick in and do all right as far as agitating if I would turn it further over in the cycle. No such luck.
There was no setting I could turn it to that would stop the flow of water and allow the agitation to start.
There's NO CONVENIENT TIME for these kinds of things to happen.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment