Thursday, July 29, 2010

So Apropos

We had a "short meeting" this morning to inform us that we would be having a stock test and that we could be getting a visit from ....

And this is how my boss ended up describing him, "He's at the top of the food chain."

I thought, "How appropriate."

We did have a stock test.
I didn't miss anything, but I left before I found out how the store did overall. I was giving back the hours I worked over yesterday because we "can't have any overtime".

So?

Why not just let me go home on Wednesday then?

But I know why.

The big guy (possibly) coming today plus the stock test. The freight NEEDS to be out before the test and also REALLY NEEDS to be out for the sake of store appearance before any IMPORTANT visitors come.

I went to Arby's the other night and got me a couple of their value menu sandwiches. The receipt said if I went to arby's/survey and did their survey, I would get a free sandwich, so I did. (You have to give the code off your receipt). I also signed up to review their products, which gave me another free sandwich. So, I went by there this afternoon to eat.

There was this really well dressed VERY YOUNG man working diligently behind their counter. He seemed to really have it all together and knew exactly what was going on or what should be. But I was so surprised at someone being back there who was that WELL DRESSED that I commented on it.

"He's the area supervisor."

That really impressed me. He looked no more than 23-25. He was working quickly and efficiently and being very nice. He came out later to the dining floor to conduct interviews and immediately went back and made sure that someone came our RIGHT THEN to clean the tables off and told them the dining room should always be clean. He handled himself very professionally throughout the whole process. And he was nice but firm. I was impressed enough with someone who looked so young being so on top of everything and acting so professionally that I'm actually blogging about it.

I have a FEW free hours this afternoon before I turn around and go back to Huntsville and then to Jeni's to spend the night so she can be somewhere bright and early in the morning. Then I go back to work at 12.

Part of this afternoon's free time is going to be a short nap.


ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Then I need to go pay my car fixer. And buy gas. And... and ...

At least I did get Kirsti's (and Kali's) birthday cards mailed today. I called to be sure the address was right and Kali wanted to talk longer. I told her I'd try to call her back when I got home, so that's something else on my list of things to do is this short interim before I go back to town.

*************************

I tried to take a nap but couldn't relax long enough to fall asleep because I kept laughing out loud at the news story of the intruder that was on Facebooks' WAFF newsite. (I couldn't get it there, but found it on YouTube and fully expect that this is one video that will go viral.) I want to say that I am NOT laughing at what happened to the lady. That was horrible. But I don't think that part is what will cause the video to be viewed over and over.

Got a sack of fresh tomatoes from Danny, next door. Ummm good. I fatten myself up on tomato sandwiches in the summer time. They are SO-O-O good (with white bread and PLENTY of mayonnaise).

Need to call Kali and do a few other things before I pack up and head off to Huntsville. I've talked myself into going to see a production of The Sound of Music at Huntsville High.

Want to walk a little before I go. I've decided if it seems too hard to set myself a time of 30 minutes to walk each day that I'll just start by getting a habit established of walking... period. Just do it. So I want to get that done too before I go.

I have watermelon in my fridge. I think I want to eat some right now.

******
The video that went viral was remixed and made into a rap song.   This guy has become famous.

No comments: