Went out to get in my car to go to work and it wouldn't start!!!!
Arg.
What to do?
Davis would be at work. Can't call him.
Called Tesia to see if she was going anywhere today.
No. So, she let me use her car to go to work. Then I called Christy Ary to see if Charles would check to see what was wrong... whether I needed to get it towed or what.
When I got to work, everyone was worked up into a lather. The HOT, HOT weather makes going into that stifling truck even more unbearable.
There were a slim crew there to do the work this morning and the ones who caught the short in of the stick were not happy campers by the time I arrived.
Most of the freight was already on the floor. (Please notice what I said there. NO, WE DO NOT HAVE MORE OF THIS IN THE BACK. Our freight is brought straight to the floor. We do not have another store in the back that has all of the same stuff so that we can supply you with more when you find that we have run out of what you want out here. And the bathroom is in the back left corner past the frame shop.)
I finished taking the freight that was left to the floor then I took a look at my invoices and did a double take. I had over 8,000 pieces that came in. There was a lot of new stuff in that 8,000, but that really was not a big consolation because the new was NOT separated from what I ordered.
It took me way up in the day just to separate out the stuff I ordered from the new stuff that I have to set for before I can get it out. I was working diligently to get as much out as I could, hoping to leave at six.
But....
the boss came by and asked me how I was doing, would I be able to get all my freight out. I said, " I won't even be able to get all this out, if I stay until closing. It would go out only if I spend the night." Then I asked: How long do you want me to stay? He said, "Until you get it out." He sounded pretty emphatic.
Then, since he came in at 7 AM to unload the truck, he left and the co-manager was there to close. So, I couldn't go back and reason him out of it.
There were extenuating circumstances. We're having a stock test tomorrow. And besides that the highest of the high is in the area and could drop by for a visit so the co-manager told us we didn't need to leave tonight until the place "looked pristine".
I didn't get home until after nine.
Charles checked out my car. At first he thought I needed a starter but to be sure he took it off and took it somewhere to get it checked. It wasn't that. What I really needed was a battery. He got me the one that the car is "supposed to have" which runs kind of high, but that's okay.... I'm just glad I have a car again.
Gotta be back at work at 8. Hopefully I'll get the rest of my freight out before the stock test.
Our new co-manager is Wonder Woman.
And the new manager IS a manager. He's a hard worker, but he doesn't mind having to deal with issues.
Thank you, Lord. Maybe after all these months of praying... maybe my answer is as close as the rain that Elijah prayed for. My "cloud" may actually be bigger than a man's hand.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment