Monday, March 14, 2011

Time Change and Back to Work

.


All things worked together to get me all turned around. First, we're in revival. Second, the clock gets set forward. Third, the last day of the revival we vary our normal schedule and instead of having a morning and evening service, it is morning, lunch at church, then a second service which starts at two.


My inner time clock knows when Sunday rolls around and it thinks I MUST have a NAP on Sunday. I was SO SLEEPY when I got home that I could hardly hold my eyes open. I thought I could "rest" about 30 minutes and be "good to go"-- good to do the things I needed to get done before bedtime.


I slept over an hour!! But I did have enough sense to NOT drink coffee when I got up.


However, that didn't help me out much at 3:30 in the morning. I woke up wide awake. I laid there awhile, but decided if I was going to be that wide awake I might as well get up as do my praying for the day because I knew I was going into work early and that I had plans for after work.


So, I did. And then I went back to bed and went to sleep for another hour or so. My alarm woke me up at 5:45. I needed to leave for work at 6:30.


At work, the boss (unexpectedly) gave me some help in getting my order done. If he hadn't there would have been no way I'd have got it done and got out of there by two-- which was when I was scheduled to leave. But he did and I did.


I had found out that Blake would be home for his spring break this week and I wanted to spend some time with him. So after work, I met up with Tessa and picked him up. We went out to eat at a place of his choosing (Arby's) and did some catching up on what each of us has been doing, then I drove him to Madison to his grandparents house.




I had one of the employees at Arby's take a picture of him and me together.
And he took this one of me.   (These pictures were all taken on my phone.)


After I dropped him off, I started home.  The closer I got to home the sleepier I got.  When I got here, all I could think of was, Get comfortable and go to bed.


I slept TWO HOURS!!


I didn't mean to "waste" my whole evening like that.  


Cook's is supposed to come tomorrow to do their inspection and I have some more housekeeping to get done before he comes.  (Not like he cares.  I've talked to those guys enough to know that they see all kinds of housekeeping situations.)


I think I'll climb into bed with a book and see if it will "rock me" to sleep.

No comments: