.
I took my vacation and I was "so ready" for it. I was so tired of dealing with the issues at work. If I could have figured out a reasonable way to never go back, I'd have been glad to do it.But, of course, I went back.
And for the last two weeks, things have been good. I mean, there just hasn't been the same stress that was going on before.
I hate to think that one of the reasons was because the co-manager was on vacation. But she was.
But she is back this week, and things have still been good.
Of course, part of the reason it has been so good for me is that two weeks in a row, management and others have worked to actually help me -- along with helping everyone else-- to get MY freight out.
I've always been puzzled why they would do that. The only conclusion I was able to come to that was anywhere near being "acceptable" was that I handle my freight in such a way that IT LOOKS LIKE there's not much left at the end of freight day.
I've always had a pattern I follow in getting my freight out. It revolves around the idea of getting the bulkiest and messiest looking stuff out of the way first.
I work out all the odd sized boxes and take all the broken down boxes to the crusher. I sort out the remaining stuff putting the PREPRICED stuff into buggies by aisle so that if anyone every did come to help me, what they had to put away was ON ONE AISLE and they didn't have to chase all over my department looking for where something goes that they are not familiar with anyway.
As I separated the priced for the unpriced, I divide the unpriced in a similar way--one tote per aisle, or as many as it takes. I'd stack my totes of stuff that need priced, three high and put them at the back end of the aisles so they don't obstruct shoppers. So by the end of the day, it looks like there's not much there.
But THERE IS.
A whole lot of scrapbooking merchandise is very small or flat. So there's still MUCH left. So much in fact, that I'm generally one of the LAST ones to finish my freight-- mainly because they give me NO help. My "neighbor" in cards and party tries to "slip over" and help me but when they see her there, they pull her off and send her somewhere they consider more needful. (Where the freight is still occupying much floor space in the department.)
I've made the comment in the past that a small embellishment package missed in scrapbooking on a stock test carried the same weight as a missed chalk board or other bulky item in crafts, but that concept has always seemed to fly over their heads.
But not for the last two weeks.
A disclaimer here: For the last two weeks, the reason I've been given help is BECAUSE both weeks we had the threat of a stock test hanging over our heads. So, I don't really expect things to continue on as they have been for these two weeks, but it has been a nice break from the usual.
Besides that the DM has stayed away. I'm not sure why.
But it's just not been bad at all. Kind of like old times.




No comments:
Post a Comment