Friday, March 11, 2011

Day Five of My Vacation

.

I had stayed up late because I knew I would get to sleep in on Thursday morning.   I have this game I like to play and sometimes it's just hard to find a stopping place.   So, I didn't stop because I didn't have to get up early.


But the phone rang at 7 AM and woke me up.   Wide awake. 


I figured it wouldn't matter that much.  I might lie down again later in the morning.


I knew I couldn't sleep in the afternoon, because the 12-week cycle of cleaning crews had revolved back to us:  Sister Reba, Sister Laura, Sis Bonnie, and me.   I was glad that it fell this week, because it's not that easy for we to coordinate my work schedule with the times those sisters are available to clean.




I had told them ANY time would be okay with me this week because I was on vacation, but when Sister Reba said "3:30,"   I hedged on her.  Tesia had invited me to eat with her and Josh on Thursday and I wouldn't have time to get done with church cleaning and get ready for church, then go to eat.... and I sure didn't want to miss an invitation to eat out.


So we decided on 2PM.


Which meant that afternoon was not going to be nap time.


I ended up without a nap.  I didn't get sleepy until I started to church.   But being there quickly took care of that. 


I enjoy going to church.




I am so glad I took my vacation this week so that I didn't miss any of these good messages.


See how uneventful my life became after the kids went home?

Such mundane things as:
Call Cook's and schedule an inspection
Pick up garlic bread and Milo's tea for tonight's meal & deliver to Tesia before church cleaning.
Clean the church.
Come home and get ready for church.
Go eat with Josh and Tesia.


BUT.... there's a huge plus in there.  I got to spend much more time with Cash's sweet, smiling face than I usually do.   


Maybe if I work it right, I can go see Daxton later on.

No comments: