Thursday, March 3, 2011

Getting Closer to Feeling "Normal"



Today is the first day that I could honestly say I feel I'm on the upswing with this stuff I've had that has sapped me of my strength. Whether it has been RSV or pneumonia, it matters not. What has mattered has been that I have not had my normal levels of energy.

And one thing my job requires IS energy.

It is work.

I have said in the past that one reason I LIKE my job is that I stand up all day long. But when you're feeling bad that is NOT a plus. I like standing up because when I sit very long, I get stiff and can't move normally when I get up until I get the stiffness worked out.

At least one or two days a week, I have a lot of heavy lifting to do. Even when I'm well, I get pretty tired by the end of the day on the day we get our freight in. But I couldn't even make it through a full freight day last week. This week, for the first time in so long that I can't remember when it happened last, I was scheduled to work on Wednesday night. I figured she was thinking of me having time to do the layouts, but it worked out well because I wanted to go somewhere on Wednesday afternoon so I went in mid-morning (after all the freight had been taken to the floor) and worked three hours then left and came back about two and half hours later. That gave me a LONG break and got me through the evening without feeling so exhausted.

I am working every day this week in order to get things done that need to be done before I go on vacation next week.

To my delight, I have been given MUCH help in doing my resets. Two other employees and the co-manager have helped me out. And the co, being a manager was able to get a stock person to help her -- and her husband. He comes in sometimes after He gets off from work (when she is closing) and helps her with whatever she wants done too because as he said, "I don't like to go home and be alone." When he comes, she usually finds plenty for him to do. Anyway, with all the help I've had, I only have the 12 x 12 albums left to reset. Hopefully, I'll have no problem getting that done tomorrow even though I'm scheduled to leave at one.

I was very tired when I got home tonight and I'm going to bed early so I can get good rest, but I do believe I'm going to survive.

I'm looking forward to our revival next week.

No comments: