.
I got off from work at 1PM... after some negotiating.
We didn't have our stock test last week and so, no doubt, it will be this week. I am scheduled to go in at 12 on Thursday and generally that is the day it would be given. (It would have been done on Thursday last week--she even came to do it-- but the Regional Manager showed up in the area so she scurried on back to her store to be sure it was all spruced up before he came checking it out.)
There's NO WAY I can get my freight out before she comes when I'm scheduled to come in at noon.
So--
I bargained.
Let me leave two hours early today. I'll add it back on Thursday and work a split day. I'll come in early and work until I get my freight out, then leave and I'll come back in the evening and close finishing up whatever hours are left of the ten I will be working that day.
That was agreed upon, so I left at one on Monday. (I had worked BOTH Friday AND Saturday on my order, so I was able to finish it up by just after twelve. If I hadn't worked on it previously, I wouldn't have been done that soon.)
I went by Hardee's again and had another one of their Thickburgers because I enjoyed the one I had Saturday evening so much. (Note: after checking on the calories later, I figure that's not going to be something I'll do very much.)
My plans were to go by and see Daxon and Lexi (and Felicia) after I got off from work on Monday because it was probably the last Saturday of my vacation since I'd gone by there. I got to hold him and rock him and watch him smile.
He seemed sleepy and I was trying to get him to sleep, but they had some kind of action movie on-- I guess that's how you describe them-- and whenever he'd close his eyes, there would be these horribly loud noises coming from the movie: cars crashing, people fighing or jumping through windows, police sirens, gun shots...
His eyes would bounce back open. Finally, he just laid there and looked at me with wide eyes.
I'm sure he's used to the noise. Tim said when he gets sleepy enough, he just closes those eyes and drifts right off anyway, but it didn't happen during that movie.
He's a sweet baby and he certainly shows no signs of the sickness he went through a few weeks back that had him in the hospital for a week. (I think it was a week. If not it was close.)
***********
When I got home after seeing Daxton, I succumbed to a short nap before doing anything productive.After seeing that picture of my fatty face with Cash that I posted on Sunday, I got more in earnest about beginning to do those things that will start getting my weight down.
So, I started looking over possible meal options and things I could eat-- which I'd like to eat-- that would not be as fattening as just grabbing what's quick, easy and tastes good too. I'm geared to thinking, "What would be GOOD to eat?"
I figured the best way to achieve success is to not get too radical in my changes but to sustain what changes I do make over the long haul.
I decided on three steps I'd take to begin my weight loss process:
1. Drink more water.
2. Keep track of what I eat. (A food diary has proven to be a successful tool for many people in their attempts to lose weight.)
3. Hmmm. Don't tell me I've already forgotten #3. Oh, I know. EXERCISE almost DAILY, (I throw that almost in there because Wednesdays are so tight with being scheduled for longer days at work and coming home just in time for church, that my "extra" time is taken up with just getting my daily praying done.)
I spend quite a bit of time "relaxing" right here in front of this computer, so I thought instead of doing some of the things I've been doing-- like playing games-- I would be better served to look for ideas for meals I'd enjoy OR take the time to count up my calories for the day.
I started that yesterday and in JUST ONE DAY, I was down 2 ½ pounds!! That certainly encouraged me to think more about what I COULD eat to keep me headed in the downward direction.





No comments:
Post a Comment