Saturday, March 26, 2011

I've Had a Very Relaxing and Enjoyable Day Off from Work

I have done what I wanted to do today for the most part.


I slept until after eight.


I didn't eat breakfast until about 11 and I ate only oatmeal with a little milk.


I prayed. And prayed. And prayed. I had a number of things I wanted to pray about and I had plenty of time today to do it.


In the afternoon I ate a salad.



I got a thought about housecleaning that I posted in a note on Facebook.   This is what it was:  
If you ever listen to Dave Ramsey, you know that he says if you want to pay off debt to start with the least and work to the greatest.   As you get the smaller ones paid off it makes you feel good and you then apply yourself to the next bigger one until it's all done.

I was thinking that could very easily be applied to cleaning up a house that is messed up in a number of places.   Just start with the least mess.  Clean it up.  And then go to the next bigger one.  Clean it up.  Work your way up.  You'll feel good because you will be able to see that you've made progress, just like in paying off debts.

So here I go.... least to greatest.
Then I did a little housecleaning.   When I went back to Facebook later I noticed Josh had asked me, "Where are you?"   so I picked up my phone to call him and found that it was dead.   I got my cell phone to call and noticed I'd missed a call from him.  


I called and found that he and Tesia were going to bring me supper if I was home and wanted it.


I wanted it.   I hadn't eaten much at all so I didn't feel like I was messing up my weight loss intentions by eating a little lasagna, a little chicken casserole, and a small piece of pizza.   I liked it so well I could have eaten seconds, but I didn't and I DID NOT EAT any of the ice cream Josh chose to eat afterward for dessert.


I had a very good visit with Cash and Tesia and Josh.   


And then I just relaxed some more.


Now it's bed time and I've had a very good day.

No comments: