Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Getting Ready for Next Week

This whole week for me is pretty much going to be "about" getting ready for next week.

I asked for vacation next week so I'd be off during our revival.

It just so happened that Jef called and was trying to work out a way Jeni could go with him on a business trip. When I asked him the dates, he said, "Starting March 6."

"You're in luck. I've already asked for that time off."

So, next week-- beginning with Saturday night-- I will have five kids to keep and take to church with me while Jef and Jeni go...hmmm...I forgot where.

I'm trying to think ahead about what we'll do.

For one thing, I hope the weather, next week, is like it has been for the last few days. That would sure be good playing outside weather.

But, there's more than entertainment to consider. There's the breakfast, lunch, and supper and snack aspect of it all too. And, back to entertainment, I'll have to figure on what a 3 year old, a 4 year old, and a 7 year old and 8 year old will need to have with them at church.

And on the work front, I have several projects and/or resets that must get done this week, plus I'm sure they'd like me to do the order for my department. I was scheduled to work for six days, albeit only a little more than 39 hours.

I asked to leave yesterday as soon as I finished my order. That was four hour day, but it did give me some time at home. Nap time for one. I didn't sleep well on Saturday night and I was awakened out of a sound sleep on Sunday night and couldn't go back to sleep for awhile.

I asked to add the two hours than I trimmed yesterday back on today so that I could have more work-straight-through time on the relays.

For the first time in a long, long time I was scheduled to work on Wednesday night. I figured it was because the manager was trying to give me the best morning hours for the relays, but when I mentioned it I learned that another employee is now asking for Wednesdays off too because she wants to go to church so I was told I would have to work some from now on. Hope not.

It worked out for me in a good way because I really had some personal business to take care of on Wednesday afternoon and I asked to come in earlier, then leave for the afternoon and come back and close, which was fine.

So off I go to reset my paper and albums. They are taking up quite a bit of floor space in my department right now waiting for the relay.

No comments: