.
On Sunday we finished up our revival with a service in the morning, dinner "on the grounds" and a second service at 2:30 in the afternoon. It was a wonderful meeting. We loved having Bro. and Sis (Bryant) Owen here again. The saints from Westlawn came up for the afternoon.
When it was over, I invited Jef, et al and Josh et al over for something to eat. I wanted to keep it simple, so we ended up having egg and bacon sandwiches with milk (or as an orange juice alternative-- my that stuff is HIGH-- I got a 2 liter of an orange drink).
We all got to see more of Cash.
Monday was back to work and trying to work quickly to get an order done that I had not even had time to get started on by the time I left on Friday. And before I could even start I had to put out dozens of ad signs because this was the week that was chosen for scrapbooking to have over 4000 items on sales. It took me right up until three o'clock to finish my order, but part of the reason for that was I was called to cashier for quite a while in the late morning.
I stayed up way, way later than I should have Monday night because I started reading a book that held my attention and I didn't want to quit. I read until 3 AM -- wondering how in the world I was going to make it through a long day at work after my lack of wisdom.
I asked to come in early on Tuesday because my co really wanted me to get a set finished that had come in on last week's truck and I reminded her that we would be having a meeting in the afternoon which would take away from work time. So I went in at eleven and by the time I quit-- after the meeting was over-- I had almost finished the reset. Coffee, Mountain Dew, and water helped me keep my energy level up so that I was really okay by the time I left.
Tim called me at work and asked me to come by and eat. That is something that he has done quite a bit and it always is a blessing to me but especially was this time because I didn't have any leftovers at home to finish off when I got there. But, after I tasted this very good meat loaf and potatoes, I decided I'd tuck them away in the fridge and eat them for breakfast this morning because I need a hearty breakfast on freight day.
Better stop this now. Have to be at work in an hour.
I've been on here way too long anyway trying to keep up with the progress of those Chilean miners exit from their 70 day captivity.




No comments:
Post a Comment