.
The key word there is today. This time I was actually scheduled to work on the day after I had to order but the day BEFORE the freight came in.
That's important.
On order day, ordering takes precedent over everything else.
When the freight comes in, getting the freight out takes precedent over everything else UNTIL IT IS OUT.... which, depending on the size of the order, can take a quite a bit of time.
I say "takes precedent over everything else". That's not true. When we get called to cashier, we have to drop what ever we're doing and go to the front and check people out until the lines are down to the point that no one is coming through our line.
And, it doesn't take precedent over helping customers. We have to answer their questions and we are supposed to "walk them to" any product they need that is not in the immediate area. That is store policy and since that is what they believe we should do, they do NOT put up any kind of identifying markers in the store that would allow customers to find things easily on their own.
When I first started working at this place, they had signs hanging from the ceiling that would show you where various departments were located. Now they don't even want a sign up that directs people to the restroom. (So far, they haven't told us to walk people to the restroom.) So, even if I wanted to just tell someone where to go, it's not that easy to give them directions to get there on their own. (Although we do have our ways. Sometimes customers insist that we do not have to leave what we are doing and go show them. "Just tell me." So, I can say something like, "Starting with the first full aisle that goes the other way across the back, count five aisles down and that's jewelry." Or some such. But I walk them to the stuff as much as I tell them how to get there themselves.
Back to my original point.
I start a new set when I go in today. Hopefully, I'll get a really good start on it and can finish it before the week is out. Thus, I should not be hearing, "You mean you've done NOTHING? It's due tomorrow." Strangely enough, the "due date" on this set-- which says it takes less than half the time the last one did-- has been given about the same amount of time to be finished.
Go figure.
I don't go in until 12 so I need to run right out to Walmart and get an oil change this morning. My light keeps telling me it's time. (That's not the oil light. It's the maintenance light.) And when I went online and checked my onstar maintenance report, a couple days ago, it said I had 18% oil life left.
I assume that that really is not anything but a calculation that is determined by my mileage. I am the one who resets the oil life light after I get an oil change and I have heard that it's not really necessary to get it changed as often as every 3000 miles. But that light intimidates me.
I'd rather be safe than sorry. So I need to get up from here and get on out there and see if I can be one of the first ones in line, so I won't be late for work later on.
One Hour Later and $50 Poorer
Got the oil changed and the filter and my wiper blades. And figured out how to reset the oil life light.
Good to go.
I don't even want to check my bank account.




1 comment:
I'm jealous you can go online and see, instead of lifting up the hood. haha :)
Post a Comment