.
The good news is-- and I didn't even know this-- he warranties his work...."for ninety days under normal circumstances and for thirty days if I find roots". (He did find roots in the line last time he came.)
Anyway, how I found out about the warranty was that I had got on my blog to go back and find when he was last here-- just because I was curious. And I mentioned to him that he was September 14, about 3 and half weeks ago. Then is when he told me about the 30 day warranty.
I said, "Well, I didn't know anything about a warranty. I didn't expect you to come out and do this again for nothing. I want to pay you something."
He insisted he didn't want anything. But I kept insisting that I wouldn't feel right NOT giving him something, so he agreed on $10 but I gave him $20. (He and his brother were here for an hour today.) He cleaned the line out again.
He did say one thing that made me feel better. He does not believe it is a septic tank problem or I wouldn't have gone this long without having more problems. So it's a line problem.
He said if he has to come back, he'll need to dig up the line and see what's causing the problem.
****
In other news, at least for the two weeks I've been back from vacation... and maybe, if I'm recalling correctly... even before that, our DM seems to have backed off his intense scrutiny of our day to day operations. He has not shown up for the last two weeks that I'm aware of, certainly not on freight day at least. If he's come, it has been when I wasn't there. I'm not hearing the calls come in several times a day that we can know are from him because of the way the secretary announces the call over the intercom, "___ (manager) long distance line 1" or whichever line it is.
****
I've had a full and tiring week. We are having revival this week which has taken every evening that I've not worked. But in addition, I had the set I had to get done and it turns out that the order I did was a huge one. And besides all that, I didn't sleep well Wednesday night and ended up with not enough sleep on Thursday night.
By Friday evening at work I was really dragging and feeling bad. (I forgot to take my vitamins two days running and I swear by my vitamins. I don't have as much stamina when I don't take them.) Also, because Jeni was off doula-ing, I had the girls here on Friday morning. Jef came to pick them up when he got off from work, bringing the boys with him, and ended up spending the night... (a kid-sitter kept the girls while I was at work). Jeni was still at the hospital with the expectant mother. I didn't get home from work until around nine.
I was "so ready" for my off day.
And I was off today, but it got all turned around on me because of my plumbing situation. I had to go over to Tesia and Josh's to take a shower and wash my hair. By late afternoon, after the plumber left, I was ready for a nap. After a short nap, I went back to church.
Only late this evening am I finally feeling like I'm recuperating from my filled up, tiring week.
Tomorrow will end the revival. We'll have service in the morning, then eat, and have another service in the afternoon. And then the evening will be free....




No comments:
Post a Comment