.
We gathered at Jef and Jeni's yesterday to celebrate with her. I'm not sure she is quite up to the attention that being the FOCUS of a "party" brings but she liked the presents and she liked having kids to play with.
I was keeping her and Rachel (and Brad) on Friday afternoon because Jeni had to go back to the doctor for an elbow evaluation. She saw a car pull in the driveway next door and got VERY EXCITED. She informed me that "Ian is home. I want to go play with him. He's the best friend I've ever seen."
Ian came to her party.
Jef has established at tradition with his kids of taking them -- by themselves-- out to buy their birthday present, generally the morning of their birthday. That is something they always look forward to. It got this picture from his supply. It's Autumn in the car going to get her gift from him and Jeni.
Sad to say, I ran out on an errand and while I was gone, they sang the Happy Birthday song and cut the cake, so I didn't get any of those IMPORTANT pictures.
But I did get a picture of her with her balloons. That was a BEAUTIFUL princess balloon at the top. She had a princess cake too.
****
At work, I was pretty much swamped at just picking up after folks. I didn't get anything done on my order for next week. That is NOT a good thing as we'll be having a stock test. Not sure how I would be able to get a huge order out anyway before the test. It will probably be on Thursday. That has been the trend.
I didn't have to take the cashier test. I thought for sure he'd nail me on that as soon as I got there on Saturday, but he was too busy. I was able to nab some material to look over to refresh my knowledge of some things a cashier is supposed to know... but rarely has to do. I'm not good about remembering things that don't happen very often. If I'm in a position that one of those situations comes up when I'm cashiering, e.g how to handle travelers checks-- I just ask for help. BUT... that's not what you can do on a test.
Time to get ready for church.





No comments:
Post a Comment