.
I had a much bigger order come in today than I anticipated. I knew I would have a lot of different skus, (SKU is what we call each individual item that we order.) but I didn't realize that the quantity (number of pieces) was going to be as high as it turned out to be. I have over 5200 pieces to go out. The secretary said I ordered almost a thousand skus.
I slipped away at 15 after five so I wouldn't be late for church. I won't do that tomorrow, but I was very tired today and I didn't want to be held over and told to remove cones, clean up spills, or dust under the waterfalls before I left. I'll call for a "walk through" again tomorrow but I left without one today. I may face my folly tomorrow, but perhaps the manger will have been too busy to notice.
I did NOT leave my department in a mess. I recovered it. I had all my trash and empty boxes taken to the back and either discarded or crushed or put away what I needed to. I didn't slip away to get out of recovery. I slipped away to get out of having to do other things he might have arbitrarily decided I needed to do before I left.
We only have to call for a "walk through" on the days we leave before closing. That is so management can be sure that we are recovering before we leave since there is definitely NOT going to be enough people on the floor to totally recover every department after the majority go home.
I push myself to the limit on Wednesdays anyway because of it being freight day. I often skip breaks. I work harder that day It's the toughest day of my work week, but I do not want to miss church or even be late unless it's absolutely necessary. Since we are having revival this week, I didn't want him to come up with something that would make me late. So I slipped out just fifteen minutes after when I was scheduled to leave.




No comments:
Post a Comment