Friday, October 15, 2010

My Day Off

 .
This morning I'm trying to hurry up and get done everything that I need to have done this weekend.

Like paying bills

Cleaning house... the doing of which has managed to elude me almost completely this week.

Finding a document I want to look over thoroughly 'cuz I think as soon as I get to work tomorrow I'm going to be tested on my knowledge of what it has to say... (I escaped the test yesterday.  Don't know how nor why.)

On Sunday, I'm supposed to have my company for dinner again.  It's been awhile because of various things happening...  campmeeting at the end of September, then they went somewhere-- in Georgia I believe-- to see about a relative that was sick, or something... then I skipped out on them so that I could eat with my brothers two Sundays ago....

Anyway, it's back to "normal".   So I must get my house in order THIS MORNING because I told Jeni I'd come to her place before noon and take care of kids while she attends to some appointments she has.   Since I'll already be up there, I'm just going to spend the night and be there for Autumn's third birthday party tomorrow.... before going into work later on Saturday.

So, since on Saturday I work until close, and this is my day off.  THIS IS IT.   Whatever I do here, I must do this morning.   First thing I did was pay my bills.   I do that online.   My check is automatically deposited and as soon as it hits the bank, I get on there and pay whatever I can so that I don't have any false sense that I actually have some extra money hanging around to spend on something I might like to have.

Of course, if I'm going to accomplish all that I NEED TO, I won't be doing that sitting here, so it up, up, and away for another full day.

(This blog has become my memory.   My memory is like a black hole.   Whatever goes into it is lost to me.  It's just in there swirling around somewhere.   But if I need to remember something, I can check back through here and --sometimes-- find it.   Like, looking back on my blog is how I remembered when the plumber was last here.   Oh, and by the way, I still think my plumbing is working on a short life.   Hopefully it will hold out a little longer.   These extra expenses are not on my payscale either.  I just had my oil changed-- and they changed the filter and wiper blades too-- last week... or whenever... and that was another little chunk.  Chunks here.  Chunks there.   I'm chunked out.)

No comments: