.
How did I figure my percentage?
Well, it was 16 sections and I got all of them completely done except the last one. 15/16=.9375 or 93.75% But I got more than that done.
I would have been able to finish the WHOLE LAST SECTION except when it came time to put my paper rack in place, I realized:
DUH!
We don't have a paper rack in the stock room that will accommodate 8.5x11 paper.... and that's what I needed. So I improvised and put in one that holds 12x 12 paper. The difference is that 15 of 45 sheets did not get set. (The 8.5x11 racks each have 45 slots for the smaller paper. The 12x12 racks have 30 slots.) I decided to go ahead and put the 12x12 in because it at least looks finished. And because I have no idea how long it will take us to get that rack in. If we can't get one from the other store, the soonest I can get it will be with next week's freight.
So back to figuring. (Remember we have to turn in our percentage of completion every day.) I figured that I would count those last 15 unset papers at one-fourth on the whole section. So that means I had 15 3/4 of 16 sections completed, or 98.4375%
I turned it in as 98%.... and that is where it will have to stay until that rack comes in.
By the way, just for the curious.... this set I'm doing is having to be done in every scrapbooking department of every one of these stores... all 450 of them. (I'm not really sure how many stores there are now. They keep adding them faster than I can keep up. That may be one reason they are on us so hot and heavy about not having overstock. They do not want their assets unnecessarily tied up when they could be on the shelves in one of their newly opening stores. Just checked. Their site says: There are currently 456 stores in 39 states. )
OH, BY THE WAY.... another one bites the dust. When I went into work, one of my co-workers met me before I even clocked in and gave me the news. It had happened after I left on Monday. I had heard, even before I left, the "dust biter" being called into the office, but when I left she was still in her department marking down clearance. So I ASSUMED her trip to the office had been quick and uneventful. However, I was mistaken. Either she hadn't gone yet or there was another visit after I left because during the office visit she got upset and made the decision that she was going to quit on the spot. So she did and left. That was how I heard it.
I had one comment about the whole situation when it was being discussed in the breakroom. "I don't believe anyone who gets their feelings hurt easily is going to survive this new manager." When he's MANAGING, he is very FIRM and STRAIGHTFORWARD. (Some are describing it as snide and untactful.) I gave them the example of what he'd said to me, "How long are you going to let that cone sit on that end cap before you remove it?" This question came when he walked through my department at the end of the day. The cone had been left in the aisle I suppose by a stockman who-- I suppose-- had mopped up a spill. And it had been picked up out of the aisle-- again, I suppose-- by a customer and sat on my endcap. I DID notice it when I first came in but I had other things on my mind and went about my business. And, me being me, I saw it but didn't see it from then on. It was there and in the back of my mind I grasped that it was, but it just didn't make it's way to the action center of my brain. (That is a "problem" I deal with every day of my life both at work and at home.)
So, among other things, he CHALLENGED me on the cone. I said, "I should have removed it the first time I saw it because I quit seeing it after that." But the way he made the remark was enough of an example for me to clearly see how someone who was sensitive about how things were said to them, might not like to deal with him. And there was more than a cone on the endcap involved in what was going on with this employee.




No comments:
Post a Comment