I was off yesterday.
Jeni had called and said she and Jef and the kids were going to come to my house Friday night and spend the night-- which they did. So on Saturday morning I got to be with their five while they slept a little later.
I had agreed to wash table cloths Friday night. Jeni hung in there with me and helped me get them hung up before we went to bed Friday night.
Saturday was a BEAUTIFUL day. And I'm so glad it was because Vanessa chose to have her wedding outside at 11:30 AM.
I got the kids all fed and was entertained by their various play ventures for awhile. But I had to scurry off at 11:15 because I didn't want to be late for the wedding.
So many folks came that I wouldn't have been. They didn't start the ceremony until everyone was seated and so it was close to twelve before it began. There were more people than there were seats... and there were a lot of seats.
It was a beautiful wedding ceremony and the reception tent looks lovely.
I came home and took a long nap because I had --UNWISELY-- stayed up later than necessary the night before and then had to get up early because the table cloths that I had washed the night before--which had been used in the rehearsal dinner-- needed to be ready for an 8AM pick up for reuse at the reception.
After my nap -- and dinner-- I went down to see more of my grandkids at Tim's. They always act so excited to see me. They are such cute kids: Caleb and Cathleen, and Felicia's two, Lexia and Felisia.
They were supposed to come to Sunday School this morning but they got sick during the night.
Today is Francine's birthday. It's hard to figure out how to call her on Sundays because of the difference in the time zones but I managed to get through finally at around 4:15 Central time. Kirsti and Micah seemed excited about life today. Kali not so much.
I need to get up and get my clothes on for church. It begins in twenty minutes.
7 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment