.
Yesterday at work was like a day out of the past. I enjoyed my day.
While the manager, co-manager and about four other employees worked diligently on the jewelry aisle to finish up a set that was due yesterday, I was left alone to do my own work. I wasn't even put on the call to the register schedule. That was a totally unexpected blessing.
When I went in and looked at the day's schedule, there was a notation, "If you haven't taken the cashier test yet, get with [the manager] and take it today." So as soon as I clocked in I asked to be given the test. (The last thing I had done before I left home was to look over the cashier training information so I wanted to get on with it while it was still fresh in my mind.) As I said in my last post, I made a hundred.
Then I latched on to a stock person and had them help me change out the signs over my 8 1/2 by 11 paper. The price is increasing. Check. (Everything we do now has to be turned in and sent to the district manager.)
Then I got back on the set that I almost finished last Tuesday and finished it. Check.
Then I did my deletes and price changes. Check.
By that time it was recovery time. THANKFULLY, we had not had the same crowd to shop on Tuesday that we had on Saturday. The area I had to recover was NOT trashed. It was normal straightening and picking up. That worked out good for me because I really didn't get started on recovery until around seven.
Anyway, by the day's end I had finished up a lot of odds and ends that had been hanging around.
The secretary told me I had a big order. Over 900 skus. My normal order runs more like 600. (They don't figure out productivity on skus. They figure it on pieces to go out. I might order one sku that has one piece or it could have fifty. The fifty would be paper.)
Tim called me around seven and said I could come by and eat. He often does that and it's always a blessing to. Felicia is a good cook. I went by and he had me a plate of taco salad ready to go. I didn't even have to go inside to get it.
I had gone for several months without having my "normal" aches and pains but they seem to be kicking back in. I suppose it's the change in weather because I'm not working any harder or lifting any more than I have before. For several months when I'd go to bed, I'd thank God that I didn't have to even consider which way to lay. I didn't have to have pillows supporting my back and my knees. It was so nice. But for the last week, the pains have been back. I have to be well supported on all sides or I feel the pain and it is difficult to go to sleep until I have adjusted myself into just the right position that there's no strain on any of my aching parts.
Freight day is ahead and a stock test probably tomorrow so I will have to get as much as I can out today and in the morning.




No comments:
Post a Comment