Monday, June 1, 2009

Guess What: It's not getting less busy

Friday night was my last night to work until I go back on Saturday.

I had Blake for the weekend, but took Caleb and Christie home after we all first went to Arab and had lunch at McDonald's with Tesia. (Tesia kept Blake for me while I was at work Friday evening.)

On Saturday Blake got to go visit with Sister Debra and her parrot, which he had been begging to do, while I went to Cullman and ate lunch with my brothers. Davis once again invited Harold and Mitsy Smallwood to join us as they are always good about including him in any family get-togethers they have. (They haven't forgotten him just because his wife-- who was their kin-- passed away.)

When I got home, Blake and I worked in the yard awhile. I tried to burn some brush piles we had stacked up some time back, but they were still too wet to burn. (It was NOT windy and it hasn't rained in a few days so I thought I could burn them. But I guess we were so water logged from previous rainy days that they are still too wet.)

On Sunday Blake ended up spending the afternoon with Ginger and Shane. It wasn't planned, but it happened that way. I know he enjoyed that. He also got to ride a dirt bike at Zack's house--Ginger's sister's son.

After church on Sunday night we went back to Huntsville and picked up Caleb and Christie. So today after Bible School we had seven kids playing here. THEY WERE GREAT. They played outside much of the time and there were very FEW incidents that required adult intervention. Ginger and I felt VERY BLESSED.

Tonight we went back to the school and she walked the track with Nancy Compton and Jessica John while I lolled around and talked to Brother Douglas and took some pictures of the kids.

I am really hoping I can put together a scrapbook-- my very first -- of Blake's ten days with Meemuh and Vacation Bible School. It will be good for him to have to keep him reminded of the fun he has. He's getting older and in future years he may not be so eager to come.

His other grandmother called this evening and said that she and his step-mother and his other sisters and brother are coming to the closing program.

I'M SO GLAD.

Blake will be thrilled.

.

No comments: