Then I came home with the intentions of using the little bit of time that I would have Monday evening and Tuesday morning to get ready for my VBS company. I was Off from work all day on Tuesday (my birthday).
On Tuesday morning Logan and Sarah came over and helped me. We washed bedding, remade beds, cleaned, vacuumed, and tried to get things put away that should not be played with by children.
On Tuesday afternoon I met with friends to celebrate my birthday at Jason's Deli. Josh and Tesia got me flowers and a huge balloon. And I got other gifts. But the gift that meant the most was enjoying the saints and realizing how much we love one another.
Afterwards I went to Hazel Green to pick up Blake for his ten-day visit. We came back to Coldstone Creamery and shared an ice cream-- for my birthday-- with Blake's mama.
Then I went back North to pick up Caleb, who was also going to start Bible School on Wednesday. (Christie had another day of school.) Caleb and Blake enjoyed the evening together-- just the two of them. (Blake has two siblings about the same age as Caleb and one that is a year younger so he is used to being with children that age.)
Ginger arrived with her stuff just in time to unload and then go on to Bible School. She had her two children and a nephew, Sam. I took Blake and Caleb. This was Caleb's first time attending. He just turned four this year.
Sam
I had to work from 10 until 2 on Wednesday-- freight day. I worked as quickly as I could to get as much of my freight out as possible then went to Whitesburg Elementary to pick up Christie to come home with me so she could start VBS on Thursday.
Of course, there was church on Wednesday night. Tesia and Josh were nice enough to take care of Christie and Caleb for me and Blake wanted to be with Hunter . All went well.
On Thursday, I worked from 9:30 until I got the rest of my freight out at 1:00. Blake went home to play with Zach and Hunter went home with Alex. Erin came home with Haley. "Musical" children.
Things were a bit calmer without the presence of the two older boys so I was actually able to get my yard mowed on Thursday. Then we went to the school so Ginger could walk and the kids could play. Sister Christie D met us there with her children and Blake.
While there Mike and Jaylene came by to pick up Erin and Haley and we heard his encouraging news. (We still need to pray.)
I also ran into a "Hobby Lobby" friend that I had met via Jessi. (I may have found me a walking buddy. She goes over most evenings and walks.)
At home again it was baths and bed... The kids are having a wonderful time.
Today Ginger goes back to Hanceville as soon as Bible School is over. (She will return to my house Monday morning with yet another child.) Blake will stay with Tesia and Josh this afternoon and evening because I have to go into work. And, as I go, I will take Caleb and Christie back home. I hope they liked Bible School enough that I will be getting them back for next week.
This is the first day I did not have to go into work early that I have had even a minute of "spare" time.
Now I NEED TO get some things done.
Tomorrow I will have Blake all day. I am going to lunch with my brothers and am trying to plan some time for Blake to be with Sister Debra and her parrot because he absolutely LOVED his visit with her and keeps asking to go back.
.




No comments:
Post a Comment