You'd think I'd learn... but I haven't yet.
One thing that gets relegated to the back burner is breakfast. Breakfast is not my favorite meal anyway. I didn't even fool with eating it until almost lunch time when I could eat on my own schedule. When I started to work, of course, that was no longer possible.
However, I have adapted to finding a way to eat as I drive in. It's a 30 minute trip, so I don't have to rush into it. I take either a sandwich, OR a couple boiled eggs, or a breakfast bar and a banana.... and I eat "on the run". It works for me.
I'm the same way on Sunday mornings. Most of the time then I just grab breakfast bars and I charge out the door.
At work, I can stop half way through the morning most days and eat a snack. I usually eat some kind of fruit at that time. Not much because normally I have so much to do that I keep putting my break off until it's so close to my lunch time that I don't want to eat much.
My lunch is usually scheduled for 12 when I go in early. My tummy thinks it needs to eat then on Sundays too, especially since there's no snack in the mid-morning.
The point is: when I get home from church on Sundays, I have no desire to wait until the middle of the afternoon to eat my lunch. I really want to figure out something that is ready-to-eat immediately or in just a few minutes.
I am happy with a sandwich or with leftovers. They are quick and I can get on to my Sunday afternoon nap. But every other week, I feel like I need to be a little more elaborate than that when I have Shane, Ginger and the kids.
Shane agrees with me about eating as quickly as possible. Ginger probably does too but she doesn't have to vocalize it because Shane, Haley, and I do. Haley doesn't say anything, she just starts grabbing for whatever food she can get her hands on whether it's ready or not. Shane brings a tider-over with him-- something to keep him from doing the same.

I often try to do some kind of crock pot concoction. That way we only have bread to heat or a salad to make or some such as that. I have tried the bags of frozen cook-in-ten-minutes meals that you can buy at Walmart. Some of them are pretty good. And, believe me, they've had their share of spaghetti at my house.
But regardless of what I fix, I find that I often forget until late Saturday that "TOMORROW is my day for Shane and Ginger!" and I end up just doing something-anything to be sure we have our dinner as quickly as possible when church is over.
I think it's time to start planning ahead. Wouldn't that be a nice thing to do?
I'll be looking for ideas. Something quick and easy. (This brings the past back into mind. I never minded cooking supper, but I did not like trying to figure out what I was going to cook.)
If there's anything you fix quickly that would work, I'd appreciate the suggestions. Shane is not picky so I just fix with him in mind and everyone else gets to eat it or not, as they choose.




No comments:
Post a Comment