It has become a storage place for things that are-- for the most part-- not mine any way. But there is enough in it that is mine that before it can be torn down or burned down, I have to have time to clean it out. So it has been a nagging worry to me since the roof vents came off and I could go inside and see this long gaping hole running across the top. And when the rains came down hard, I'd wonder, "What, oh, what will I find when I go look inside this time?"
It began to worry me enough that I started praying about it. Then I asked Jef again if he would help me stop-gap the problem. He and Jeni and the kids made plans to come up today to deal with my roof problem.
This morning I went to breakfast with Davis and it began to sprinkle rain. The folks at the eating place said a huge storm was due in around noon. I thought, "Oh, my. Please Lord, hold that rain off until Jef gets this repair job done."
Just as Jef was finishing up the storm cloud rolled in and the rains began. "Thank You, Lord."
It was sneaky. I'd turn it off and walk away and come back into the room and it was running-- not dripping, but actually running a small stream of water.
I've come home from work and found that it has been running ALL DAY. On my list of things to check before I go out the door, I had to put Check the Faucet.
When I found out that Jef and Jeni were almost to my house, I went to buy barbeque for us to have for lunch. And the fixings. Jeni was bringing potato salad and baked beans.
When I came in with the food, Jef was not there. Jeni was bustling around in the kitchen and when I asked about him she said his absence was to take care of "a surprise".
He returned with the faucet that he installed in my kitchen sink--with Jeni's help.


I feel like I've been treated to a very special Mother's Day present. The card Jef and Jeni gave me was really nice. I liked it a lot, but this made my day... and answered my prayers.
.





No comments:
Post a Comment