Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Legendary Iced Tea



I had my grandkids because Jeni wanted to go pick strawberries "early" with her mom. Jef was sick and had come home from work to get some rest, so I kept them until later on. By the time I had met Jeni in Huntsville to return her children, I was quite ready to eat. Somehow in the process of feeding the children, I had neglected myself and had only eaten "appetizers".

I went to Sam's to pick up some stuff and was rewarded with a few of their freebie samples, but I was still contemplating eating something before I came home to my bare-of-already-fixed-food refrigerator.

I batted around a few choices that were close to Sam's on South Parkway-- Taco Bell, Popeye's, Sonic... when I remembered that I was driving North to meet Jeni, I had seen a Bojangle's eating place.

I'd never been there.

I didn't even know what they fixed. But I decided I'd go and at least give its menu a look.

As I was looking over what they had to offer, I was captured by the listing: "Legendary Iced Tea".

Now, you'll have to understand that on my limited budget down through the years, when I have gone out to eat, I've not ever bought drinks. (I only order a drink as a special treat generally only when someone else is paying.)

Of course, I always kept my expenditures for anything I ate way down.... $3 was the top I was willing to spend and I considered that high, especially with dollar menus being so prevalent. Anyhow, when I'd eat lunch out, it would be "NO Thanks, Just water" when asked if I wanted something to drink.

But tonight I decided I had to taste "legendary" iced tea "steeped the old-fashioned way".

Guess what.

I liked it.

I like my iced tea to taste like tea not colored water and I like it sweet. And I also like it with lemon. I thought their tea was very good.

To go with it I got two biscuits with country ham. (Total cost:$3.43)

I had foregone something else more pricey on the menu when I opted to get the tea. "Two country ham biscuits" was one of their lower priced menu items so I chose them.

I don't know why I did that. I know I don't like country ham.

It's way too salty.

But I "cut" the salt with the tea and actually liked my "supper". (Well, another reason I liked it was because I put all the ham on ONE biscuit and opened up the other and put jelly on both sides and alternated my bites. That also cut the saltiness of the ham.)

But I really liked the tea. I don't have a lot of places to compare it to because no one else's advertising campaign for their tea has sucked me in. But Bojangle's is all right.

.

No comments: