Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sam is eight today...






Blink... and he'll be sixteen.
That's what happened to get him to eight.

***************

This was quite a FULL day for me.

I had talked to Jeni on the way into work about coming up and celebrating Sam's birthday in the evening. (It takes awhile to "come up".)

I was supposed to work a very short day, but we're having a stock test (again) tomorrow so I stayed two hours longer to get more of my freight out. (I'll chop it off tomorrow as our hours are still cut.) I was glad I did. I couldn't believe how much stuff I was actually totally out of.

I left work at three and went to KFC to take advantage of the FREE meal offer (Francine had emailed me the link to download a coupon.) I had had only a fruit break at work; not a meal.

Where I went, I didn't have to stand in line, but they weren't overly generous with the pieces they gave me. I got a leg and a wing. (But, hey, it was free. Totally.) And, of course, slaw, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a biscuit.

(That coupon was only supposed to be downloaded on one day--yesterday, but I notice that someone figured away to reproduce it and pass a pdf reproduction around so I suppose it won't be long until the whole offer is cancelled. The coupons were supposed to be good through May 19. They had a HUGE response to the offer as it was --on the one day that it could be downloaded legitimately. As a matter of fact, they have had such an overwhelming turnout that it's more than they have chicken for. Many KFCs had long, long lines. KFC has had a stressful day. )

Around noon Tim called wanting to know when I got off from work because his van was in the shop and he needed a ride to go get it. The shop was back across the river TOWARD my house-- NOT toward Jef and Jeni's-- and I would have to drive several miles NORTH to pick him up and bring him back south to get his car. But I agreed to do it. Of course.

There was an "incident" on the river road that had brought police into the area, so we got stopped and checked for license and proof of insurance. Afterwards-- because Caleb fell asleep in my car-- I kept him and rode back north with him until Tim's and my ways parted, then stopped for Tim to get him and take him home.

Then I headed further north, with just over half an hour left to arrive at the time I had thought I would. But I still hadn't made my stops to pick up the items I'd promised Jeni I'd bring. By the time I arrived, I felt like I was holding up the "party".

It was really just a few of us since Jeni had pulled the event together quickly because this was going to be the only night I'd have free to attend. (Thank you, Jeni.) Sister Lori McClesky and David and Faith Persle all live "up" in that direction so they were there when I finally arrived.

I had a good evening, but was tired and ready to head home before it got dark. The drive home takes an hour.

I drove back down Beaver Dam Rd and Pulaski Pike and once again marvelled at what a scenic route it is compared to the trip on the Ardmore Highway-- which is quite congested. It may actually be a couple miles further to come the "scenic" way because the road goes east aways before heading south, but it is a BEAUTIFUL drive. And it didn't take any longer because there isn't as much traffic.

.

1 comment:

Omaloriann said...

It was fun! Glad you got to come 'up' for it too! I love our scenic drive - its so pretty & it seems to get shorter & shorter.