Like me and this Vacation Bible School "vacation".
I got this deceiving idea that in the mornings when all the kids were at Bible School, I could actually get to work on some undone "projects" and/or other things I need to do.
Mow my yard and cut the weeds and underbrush so this would not look so much like an abandoned acreage.
Finally get around to going through the boxes of (someone else's) yard sale stuff that sits on my patio and in my entry so that I could get rid of whatever I could.
Finding the information I need to find so that I can set up an appointment with my doctor--whoever he is-- and fulfill a promise to my brother about getting a physical. (My information is "tucked away" in my new study which got piled up every-which-a-way when I moved everything from one end of the house to the other.)
Setting up a diet plan in such a way that would be easy to find foods I like and will eat and know what their calorie counts are.
Walking "an hour" every morning.
Going through my closet and ridding myself of excess clothes build up.
The list is endless it seems....
But still --in the back of my mind--I "dreamed" it would happen.
I did get to mow on Thursday.
My first "free" morning was Friday. I had to restore order because I'd had kids in the house for four days. I also had laundry to catch up.
On Monday.... I don't even remember Monday. I did cut some bush overgrowth with my loppers on Monday afternoon while the kids were playing outside.
On Tuesday, that was the day I agreed to keep Jeni's kids because she had an appointment in Birminham. They came right before 9. I really enjoyed having them. They were NO problem to me whatsoever. But that was grandkids day, not project day. (Oh, except I did get some weedeating done because Jeni brought me their weedeater. Mine doesn't work.)
Today... today I vacillated between doing something here or going to Bible School and taking pictures for an album for Blake. I thought today would be the last "normal" day of Bible School and if I didn't get the pictures today I probably wouldn't.
I ended up going to take the pictures but found that today was not going to be as "normal" as I had supposed since program practice would be first on Blake's agenda today. The lesson will come later. (They have to schedule program practice throughout the day because all departments can't do it at the same time.)
I'm hoping if I can make Blake an album, it will keep him reminded of how much he ENJOYS coming to Bible School. He's getting up old enough now that he could be pulled off in other directions and he's one of those children who come only because he wants to. When he ceases to want to, he won't be here.


This afternoon I have to take Christie back to Huntsville because she has volleyball "camp".
I asked Caleb would he be okay without Christie and he said,
Yes, if I can sleep with someone else.

Then I thought it might be a good time to ask for Cathleen to spend the night. I have to take Christie back in again tomorrow after VBS too for another evening of volleyball camp. So, I could have Cathleen for one night. She might go for that. I've never kept her before. If that gets okay'ed then Thursday will be a write off for projects-- but not for grandkids.
This morning Ginger asked: Are you going to help us with hotdogs on Friday like you usually do? I had forgotten about that. That takes ALL morning. We prepare first and then serve.
See.
I was just deceiving myself.
But what I did not deceive myself about was this: I took this vacation to get Blake-- and as it turned out Caleb and Christie-- in Bible School And whenever I've been disappointed that some of the other things are not getting done, I remind myself--
The whole point of this vacation was to be a blessing to your grandchildren by getting them in Bible School.
You are doing that.
.




No comments:
Post a Comment