Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Always Have Such BIG Plans
to Accomplish SO MUCH on My Off Days

Then first one thing and another whittles away at my time.

Things I want to do.
Things I enjoy.
Things that just come up.

BUT they are not on my LIST of Things To Get Done Today.

First I went to breakfast with my brother. (He actually woke me up with his phone call at 7:21) I had gotten straight up, got ready, and went on up to meet him. Well, almost straight....
I called Josh and told him I had to take some books back to the library in Arab and if he had any, I could take his too. I did a much needed (ha) status update.

At breakfast, I mentioned something about pictures at the Fire Department. My brother said, I have a certificate, let's get our picture made together. How could I say no?

Well, that couldn't happen until ten, so meantime I go home to change clothes and do my best to contact someone who would like to use MY certificate to get pictures made. Josh called and said he was going to Arab to get his haircut and he'd take MY books. (GREAT!) If I'd bring them over, I could see their new table.

I wanted to do that.

I had already called Davis back and he had gone to Tennessee. (He has this little ritual of going up there either on Saturday mornings or Sunday mornings to buy himself a lottery ticket so that he'll at least know he gave himself a chance at becoming a multi-millionaire someday.)

I thought I had a little visit time when I took the books to Josh, but my visit time stretched out longer than I had anticipated. I ended up staying much longer than I had planned. When I called Davis, he was already back in Morgan City and " had just about given up" on me. (He'd hadn't been able to get hold of me in 20 minutes of trying. THAT is my brother.)

He had settled in at the Sugar Shack to eat lunch, so I joined him there and we ate (again). Then went and had our pictures made. But even as we were eating, we got a call from Tim.

That call ended up in another side trip for me which I took AFTER getting the pictures made. By the time I got home it was already 2PM and nothing on my to do list has been done UNLESS Josh did get my books back to the library. (I found out later-- too late for me to do anything about it-- that he did NOT. If I had called and checked at this point instead of later, I could have got them back myself on time.)

Now I'm home and quite ready to just TAKE A NAP... which is not on my list either.

After that, I shall see what I can do along some lines besides doing this and that with and for family members.

*******

I took my nap-- a good one, though not a long one.
After that, I still wasn't as productive as I should have been.
But, at 8:30 I finally dragged myself off to Walmart to buy the food I'd need to have for Ginger and Shane and family tomorrow.



.

No comments: