This song pretty much sums up the way I have always viewed my saved life.
I've never felt like God gave me salvation to give me the life I wanted. He gave me salvation to deliver me from sin and my own self love and selfish desires.
God gives us a good life but, in many cases, that "good life" is the result of the change of heart and attitude which affects the way we face the tests, trials, and obstacles along the way. He wants "vessels" to show the power and grace of salvation.
That is not achieved through smooth sailing, problem free lives.
But He did promise us that He'd be there to see us through and that He'd answer our prayers.
It's a good life.
So many religious people I've met seem to have the idea that God is "up there" to make their lives work out the way they want it to go, to give them what their "flesh" wants. It's all about them.
Salvation is not about us. It's about God working in us to show us and the world how much greater and better a life given to Him can be REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE GET THINGS OUR WAY. It's not based on what we can get from this world.
And He did say, "Don't make this world your home."
And He also said that as long as we are here we can expect to have peace and joy and righteousness through the workings of His Spirit in us.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment