Take away ALL help with getting out freight.
Have me to pretty much cover the whole back end of the store by myself in the evening so that I have no time for anything but recovery, helping customers, doing price checks, and answering the phone.
Call me to the register.
Tell me to work on my order for the next week after I get the freight for this week out.
Have me busting freight in the stock room.
Cut my hours on the one good day I would have had to work on a set.
Oh, and figure in that I was given my holiday off on the holiday.
Then ACT SURPRISED when I say my set hasn't even been started.
"But it's due tomorrow! You mean you've done nothing. It has to be keyed in as DONE tomorrow."
Duh.
I'm going to work a 12 hour day today and see how much of my set I can finish.
Finally, someone has decided it's important to give me time to work on it.
Amazing.
One of the amazing aspects of this is that almost without fail, every time I was told to do something else, I reminded them that I could not do two things at once. If I was doing what they were asking at that point, then I would not be getting my work done.
And I have been continually reminding them that I have over 8,700 items that I'm responsible for keeping ordered and on the counters in MY department.
Problem is that none of this is going in because of the pressure being put on them in so many places to get things done perfectly. They've been concentrating on what they are being shot down on, trying to get it up to satisfactory levels. My "little" department has been the least of their worries UNTIL me not getting my work done become one of THEIR problems.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment