It's 10:58 and the plumber has only been gone five minutes.
My commodes were backing up into my bathtub.
Not good.
Not a situation you want to put off getting fixed any longer than you have to.
When I called this plumber, recommended by a sister on Facebook, he was very willing to come out tonight-- "Do you charge extra for late calls?" "No"--and take care of my problem so that I'd be able to use my shower before I go to work in the morning. (He didn't live far away. Just out Union Grove Rd-- same road which Josh is place is off of.)
He asked me when I'd had my septic tank pumped... which I cannot remember EVER having happened and he said that if what he was going to do didn't solve the problem, I'd probably need to get that done as it needed to be done every 10-15 years. I've lived here over 30 years and I don't remember it ever being done.
He "rooted" out my line. I guess that's what you call it when they put one of those things down the line to unclog it. After he unclogged the line, in the process of going from one area to the next to check out that everything was flowing properly, he noticed that my main bathroom commode's fill valve wasn't working right. (It hasn't been for a long time.) And I told him that the seal under the commode in the other bathroom was seeping so he replaced that too. I ended up paying $200 for all of it which was the $185 charge plus I added $15 myself because they were so nice about coming tonight.
Anyway, I have my bathrooms back. And my commode is filling normally now and the other one has a new seal.
I'm happy.
And I'm ready to go to bed.
I'm tired.
Freight day tomorrow.
Note: Jef informed me that my septic tank has been pumped at least once by Hubble's




No comments:
Post a Comment