Wellllll..... (as Antoine Dodson would say)
I started my day fasting because Wednesday (freight day) is just not a good day for me to join in the church's fasting effort for the sick what with it being the most strenuous work day I have every week. So to get my 24 hour fast in, I begin Sunday afternoon and go until Monday afternoon.
I "played around" all morning, then decided to drive into work and pick up some of the stuff that needs to be cut out for me to reset my rubber stamp hutches. If I'd been "on the ball" I'd have brought it home with me Saturday night, but I was SO BUSY then. I was the only one covering the back end departments. Besides the fact that we had a huge amount of customers Saturday, I had to answer the phone much of the time, field all questions from customers (because I was "it"), and recover. I was running way behind by the time we closed and thinking of bringing my rubber stamp pictures home to cut out was the last thing on my mind.
On my way to work, I went by and saw Tim, Felicia, Cathleen and Caleb and ended up transporting the kids to their other grandmother. I met her after I picked up my stuff at work.
Then I drove back to see Cash and coo'ed at him awhile before coming home to prepare for the arrival of Jef, Jeni and their crew.
They went to Talledega for a family outing to some historic something or other. We pre-planned for them to come back by here if it wasn't too late and we'd have hamburgers. They were to call me when they headed back and then we'd decide.
Jef grilled the burgers and they ended up being VERY good. We all ate plenty then they left for home. Like me, Jef has to go back to work tomorrow... although I don't go in as soon as I NEED to because hours have been cut this week even more than usual.
It has been a really nice day. I have planned to call Kirsti and Kali today but have to keep adjusting for the time difference in my mind. At first it was too early, then I was gone, then I had company. I guess I just better get up and go do that right now.
P.S. Kirsti is the most exciting child to talk to. She just gushes with enthusiasm. Animated. I think that's how you describe it.
7 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment