Last year my doctor looked at a lab report and decided that I would have to take a thyroid medication "for the rest of your life". However, she only gives refills for one year and then you have to go get more blood work done.
OK.
That's easy. The lab opens at 7 and stays open until 7. No matter what schedule I work, I can get to the lab.
So I get the lab work done. And I called up and asked if she'd take a look at the report and decide if I still needed the meds to continue.
This year she is UNABLE to look at the lab report and tell me I have to continue the medication. She HAS TO see me before she knows that and "ask some questions". (Read: I need to be getting some office visits or I won't be getting any money out of this.)
Problem.
They are closed on Fridays and their office hours are 8 AM until 5PM, closed at lunch time.
I CAN'T go on Monday or Wednesday because those are critical days at work.... and normally I am scheduled to go in early on Thursday to get the rest of my freight out.
On Friday I learned that, for some odd reason, this time I was scheduled to come in later on Thursday (today), but I couldn't call the doctor and schedule an appointment, BECAUSE THEY ARE CLOSED.
However, I did call on Monday and they gave me an appointment for this morning. So, maybe I can find out why last year a lab report was all they needed but this year it takes an office visit. (Last year I had an office visit too, but it was BEFORE the lab work was done and there was no questions in the visit about thyroid.)
I'm sure I'm being too picky. But, when you have a tight schedule, it's amazing what you can think of.
I had a huge amount of freight to come in yesterday. A lot of it I ordered. The rest was new merchandise they are sending me for a set that I'm wondering when I'll find time to do and the rest was deleted merchandise they are getting out of the warehouse into the stores so it will sell.
I am going into work later than I thought when I made my appointment so I am going to see if they will re-schedule me for a little later. Hope so. Three hours in town between appointment and work is not something I choose to do when there's so much I need to do here.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment