Thursday, September 2, 2010

Grrr ... what else is there to say?

Went to the doctor and she was going to write me a prescription.  I knew I wouldn't have time to take it to Walmart and get it filled so I asked if they'd call it in and I could pick it up after work.

Sure.  Be glad to.

They are all VERY NICE people.

Does it make you feel any better when "very nice" people don't do what they have said they will?

I went to Walmart after work to pick it up and they hadn't called it in.   They're closed tomorrow and probably Monday too-- for Labor day.

I'd have done better just getting the prescription and taking it to Walmart myself.

Grr.

So that means I will have missed taking this stuff for almost two weeks.

Last year when the nurse told me I needed to take it, I said, "I don't think so; I feel fine."  I changed my mind for one reason.  I learned it would only cost me $4 a month.   Afterwards when I read up on some of the problems the thyroid can cause, I realized I may have a number of reasons to be taking it.

I still FEEL fine.  I don't expect two weeks without it is going to do me any harm.... but I'd just as soon have NOT gone by Walmart if there was going to be NO prescription there to pick up.

BUT

it wasn't a wasted trip.  I needed a new flourescent bulb for over my sink.

"Life is good"

No comments: