Last week, I worked diligently to get everything caught up at work and to get my order done for this week because I took my Knoxville Campmeeting vacation.
I feel like I've just returned from a week of Sundays. I'd get up and get ready for church, go eat breakfast on the campground, go to prayer meeting which ended right before morning service. After morning service, I'd eat then go back to the motel and do my devotions and take a nap. Get up and go back to church again. Eat afterward. Then come back and go to bed again. Can't say I didn't get plenty of rest for my body and nourishment for my soul and body. And I had a lot of enjoyable fellowship with saints from "everywhere".
It was good to see the saints from far and near. Since Knoxville is the only campmeeting I go to, the only other time I see many of the saints outside my area is when they come to our New Year's Fellowship Meeting at the end of December.
This year I set a record. I did not eat at any fast food restaurants from the time I left here last Sunday until ... well, I still haven't. I took a cooler and some stuff to eat on the way up (fruit, cheese and crackers and a quart of milk) And I did pretty much the same thing coming back. I had a big block of cheddar cheese and I had not eaten it all, so it was my lunch on the drive back as well. I did go to a gas station and buy me another pint of milk to bring along.
I cringed when I looked a the menu. My income is not an Outback income. But I found tucked away in there somewhere the option of soup and a side salad, so I was satisfied.
T
he brown bread and butter they serve was delicious.On Wednesday Josh and Tesia came up and brought Cash. I got Sister Patsy Owen to take another picture of Josh and Tesia and the baby for me. (They are scarce it seems. ) I didn't have my camera with me and she had one of those smart phones that takes good pictures and then will allow you to email them.
He was definitely happier then than he was on Saturday, at the picnic, when Tesia posted this picture on Facebook.
When I got home, I was somewhat tempted to go up to the Sugar Shack and order me some chicken fingers for supper, but I didn't. I had a boiled egg that I got from the motel this morning that was still in my cooler so I made myself a deviled egg sandwich.The one extravagance I did give in to was going to Food-4-Less and buying me some of their Purity Extra Rich buttermilk. I love that stuff as much as ice cream. It was so good with my sandwich.
I'm ready for bed. Can't believe it. It's only a little after 7:30





No comments:
Post a Comment