Friday, December 10, 2010

Trembling Legs

.
As I said, I decided to not do a huge order.


And consequently, I was able to get all my freight out on Wednesday---ALL BY MYSELF.


Which turned out to be a good thing because the powers that be had rained so much wrath upon us in the first three days of the week, that the manager was getting everyone to come in early "to help in seasonal" on Thursday.


I got up early.  Went into work at 8:30.  Worked in seasonal much of the morning and early afternoon with some register duty.   Took a long lunch and got a flu shot (as I had told my brother I would.  He really thought I SHOULD have one.)  


Went back to work and back to seasonal.  


BUT...


at some point the CSM decided I was the cashier for the evening I guess.


She called me as a back up but it seems she forgot that there were others out there, or if she called them she didn't make it clear that they were not to leave, and I was STUCK on a register for way longer than I should have been.


I cannot take standing still like that.  


By the time I got off the register, I could hardly walk away from it.  (And I only got off then because I had begun protesting.  Protesting is a delicate situation.  You have to be careful how you handle it because you have customers lined up wanting to be checked out and you can't act like you don't want to help them.)


My legs were trembling and hurting by the time the day was over.   I do NOT have those kinds of issues as long as I can keep moving.  It's not  a less difficult day , without lifting or hard work, that is hard on me.   It's standing still in one little spot.


I've often said, If I had to be a cashier, I'd be looking for a job somewhere else.   I can't take standing in one place.   Besides not liking the confinement, I just can't take it physically.


Got to go.  I'm leaving early today to pick up Felicia so she can use my car to go to a Christmas program at school. Their radiator messed up earlier in the week and she is without transportation.

No comments: