.
All my plans for accomplishing GREAT things get way laid by other life happenings.
That's not a bad thing.
After all, I make the choices.
So my CHOICE on Friday evening and Saturday, instead of DOING a lot of stuff on my check-off list, was to enjoy the evening with Jef, Jeni and the grandkids. I didn't get home until after six, but they were here when I came. I think that Jef comes from somewhere to the south, where his work takes him. (One of their places of business has changed locations and he's having to get the computer network and phone system set up for the new location.)
I always enjoy having them all here.
On Saturday Jeni helped me make a batch of cookies. This is not just any batch of cookies. It's some cookies I had been wanting to get made FOR MYSELF for a long, long time and had even bought most of the stuff I needed to do it with, but I just never got around to it. I wanted some oatmeal-raisin-pecan cookies to have on hand to grab as I'm going out the door in the morning TO EAT FOR BREAKFAST.
I'm really bad about not allowing myself enough time to eat breakfast at home before I leave for work. So my normal course of events is to be eating this or that as I drive in. And I take a cup of coffee to wash it down with.
Sometimes I take a peanut butter and banana sandwich. But I'm not a big fan of peanut butter sandwiches. I don't know why. I like them okay, especially if I get the honey flavored peanut butter. And the FACT is that a peanut butter sandwich gives me more staying power than any other breakfast I eat so it's my breakfast of choice on FREIGHT DAY. But I really don't want to eat it more than once a week. So I look around for whatever I can stick between two pieces of bread and take out the door with me to eat on the way.
That's why I wanted to make the oatmeal cookies. They would be my "cereal" on the go.
So, Jeni helped me make them, and I'll have to say they turned out GOOD. Yesterday, once again, when it was time to leave, I had not yet eaten so I grabbed a few and ate them as I drove in.
Just right.
I'll have to keep making those.
So on Saturday I made cookies. And later in the day went to see Daxton and ended up taking Cathleen and Caleb back to LeAnn at Walgreen's on University. Then I did a little more shopping and came home.
Sunday we had two services back to back with a meal in between. Afterwards, I had the opportunity to go see the sister in the congregation who has been dealing with cancer for quite some time. It has slowed down in its progression for awhile but now has come back full force and she is not supposed to be long with us. She has been a great blessing to us in the way she has manifested God's grace through all of this time.
On Saturday, I was informed AFTER I got to their house, that both Cathleen and Caleb were sick and had fevers. I think that may be where I picked up a"bug", because about 24 hours after having been with them, I began feeling very queasy in my stomach. For the next 24 hours, my body fought off this villain but I was very weak. Weakness makes me want to cry... and I do cry sometimes. I was thankful, when I realized that I had some kind of virus trying to work on me, that I had not got close to Sister Carolyn while I was visiting with her. I don't think I would have passed on the bug that was -- at that point-- lying dormant in me (unlike my situation, in which both Caleb and Cathleen hugged me more than one time while I was with them).
I had to go into work at twelve. I hadn't eaten much--but the cookies-- until I got there. Our Christmas dinner had been prepared, but I wasn't scheduled to eat until late because of coming in late. However, I got called in to be given my ten year pin and a gift card for my ten years of work. I took my break at that time and ate smoked turkey breast on a dinner roll to see if I would feel better if I ate. (I was not faring well.)
I was not able to make it to my scheduled lunch time to go back. I got so weak, I figured I better go on and eat my supper. So about 3:45 I did that. After that I gradually gained strength and made it through the evening okay in spite of the fact that we were very busy and I was "jerked" several ways to tend to the needs of customers.
Today I'm off and I have MUCH TO GET DONE. I hope I feel well enough to do it and that I can stay motivated in the right direction.




No comments:
Post a Comment