I know at this time of the year, we are all needed to get customers checked out. That's just part of December. It's not new. But, having said that, it does gripe me when it's not done "fairly" or when those who are in charge of assigning registers and call times do not take into account the differences in the work load that some of us have.
For example, yesterday I was put on a register for all day while the person who does Cards and Party was changed out as soon as a cashier came in at noon. Why? Cards and Party is considered a part time job. Why would you have the person with a smaller department taken off a register and the one who has the largest orderable department in the store-- and had a huge amount of freight to come in this week-- be left on the register all day?
Makes NO SENSE to me.
It's not the C&P person's fault. It's whoever decided to assign the registers. They just aren't thinking.
And then, another thing that irks me-- and only because I actually have work OF MY OWN to do-- is that the CSM doesn't pay any attention to the call schedule. We are assigned certain time slots that we are supposed to be the first to be called.
They don't even look at the schdule.
It's so annoying.
But, the fact is, that is only one example of a multitude of things that there's really no reasonable explanation for, therefore, you just have to say to yourself, "Let it go, don't think about it" or you'd be aggravated all day long and what good would that do? Not any at all.
Today I was again on the registers most of the day. My freight was still sitting back there WAITING TO BE PRICED. I volunteered to stay and price it AFTER CASHIERS at front thought I was already gone..... so I could at least get it priced.
I did tell my co-manager (who pretty much runs the store) that if I was going to be a cashier, I was going to quit ordering because it wasn't going to be put out anyway if I didn't have time to work on it. She said, "Well, we need to have the stuff there to sell it." And I said "Yes, that's true, but in order for it to be on the counters, I have to be able to get it out."
Anyway, I did stay (until almost seven) and get it priced and hopefully, I'll be able to get it out in the morning before we getting really busy.
Then I went to Walmart and got my prescription refill and a cartridge for my printer. By the time I got home it was almost eight and I was tired.
I asked--before the schedule was made out last week-- to leave early tomorrow because Jef's company is having their Christmas party tomorrow night and he wanted me to come and stay with the kiddies while he and Jeni went...
I'm going to bed ... early for me. It's not even ten o'clock.




No comments:
Post a Comment