,
Many times during Thanksgiving it has been cold enough outside that I didn't even have to worry about getting all my food into a refrigerator. All I had to do was take it out to my entry and it was (brrrr) cold enough there to "refrigerate" it. Not so this year. We had a very warm Thanksgiving day.
But it didn't take long for the weather to change. It went way down-- I think it was the very next day. And this morning there's a chill in the air.
I don't like cold weather.... not just because I get cold-- 'though that's good enough reason-- but because the weather affects my aches and pains. At least it has in the past.
So far, so good. I've not had them come upon me yet.
Things are pretty hectic at work right now. The main problem from my perspective has been that we have so many sick employees. Some are calling in and leaving us short handed. Others are coming to work anyway. I'm not sure which I prefer. I almost wish the sick ones who come in would wear a sign that says, "I've got strep. Keep your distance," because for some of these folks I didn't find out what their problem was until after I was a whole lot closer to them than I would have been.
Tuesday was a "harrowing" day for me. It seemed to be one of those days that things just were not going to go as they should. I went into work later in the day and found out that the one person who is good to help had called in. She was sick. The one who came, who is not as much help, but whose saving virtue was that she'd do register duty while I did the work, was there, but she was sick... and she had been put on seasonal duty.
There were two cashiers at the front and me covering the whole back of the store. They kept calling me to the front to back up the cashiers. I had to recover the whole back and get out all the returns. When I asked why the other person wasn't being called at all, that was when I was told she had to straighten the Christmas picks before we could leave that night.
Okay, all is well.
I'll do everything else and she'll do the picks and we'll be able to leave at the normal time.
But no, it didn't work that way. I did all that. Then when the store closed, the manager said, "We can't leave until the picks are straight so everyone needs to come up to seasonal and straighten them."
That did not make me happy. (I'm thinking, "So why did I have to do everything else by myself if she couldn't even get that done. She might as well have been helping me if everyone was going to have to go straighten picks anyway.)
Such is life.
It was a great opportunity for me to practice up on the principles of righteousness which declare: "Be ye angry and sin not". (I am thankful that no matter how aggravated I get, I don't have to react sinfully.) And, "Let not the sun go down on your wrath." "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.' (In other words, what happened yesterday needs to stay in yesterday. Don't bring it over into today, because enough will happen today for you to deal with on its own.)
The girl ended up leaving work early on Wednesday to go to the doctor. I think the truth of the matter was that she was just showing up on Tuesday. She didn't feel like being there at all and she sure didn't feel like doing what had to be done.
My freight this week made up for what I didn't get last week. I have a lot to get out, but I don't have a stock test hanging over my head. Since December's test was done BEFORE Thanksgiving week, we should not being having another one at least until the last week of December (for January) or in January sometime....probably before inventory counting begins.
Here's another picture Felicia posted of Daxton. I'm amazed at how alert he looks at 2 weeks and 2 days.... considering in this picture he wasn't even supposed to be born for almost two more weeks.




No comments:
Post a Comment