Saturday, December 11, 2010

Could There Be a Conscience in There Somewhere?

.

It's so WEIRD when you've been nothing but totally trashed, made to think you're getting nothing right at all, then... from onset of THIS visit everything is GREAT. Absolutely GREAT.


I told my boss, "He decided in the parking lot that he was going to give you a good visit today." I wonder even if he may have thought back on what caused our last manager to quit.


Whatever.


Yesterday we were good.


Oh, and did I mention that the day before the supervisor brought us donuts?


It's almost as if they had a talk about it and decided that perhaps they might ought to show their nicer sides.


There's a problem with that.


When all you ever hear from someone is what you are not getting right and then they decide to -- briefly, from time to time -- assuage their conscience by being a little nicer, you do not believe it is sincere. You know it was still all about them. It was all about a premade decision to do something a certain way, not because they really feel that way, but because it expedites a purpose that all goes back to them in some way.


But...


there is a positive side to it.


You didn't get hit over the head with a hammer again for the umpteeth time this week.


*******


I suppose this post is over. I have grandsons waiting with bated breath... and the frequent question: Can I get on now?


They want to play a game and that's not entirely something I mind since having them occupied at this early hour with something like a game might actually allow the girls to sleep later.


And, of course, I need to get up from here anyway because Brad is ready to EAT. How different is that?

No comments: