Friday, August 6, 2010

Started My Morning in Harvest

Yesterday was "semi-productive".... (Misti I told you I was going to steal your word.)

But the main thing I didn't get done that I had planned to do was get more of my reset organized so that when I have time to do it, I won't be rifling through pages and pages of labels trying to find what I need.   But the main reason I didn't have time to organize my labels was because every block of time that I had figured on as being wait-wait-wait time ended up NOT being that long a time period.

Jeni found out that she couldn't get done what she needed to do yesterday at all.  She would need to go back this morning.   So I didn't wait on her to get back as long as I had anticipated.   Then, when I went to the Social Security Office, because of the way they categorize the people waiting, I didn't have to be there long.

I was able to look for a washer and drier.  I found a washer.  If you buy them at Home Depot, there's free delivery and installation with one exception.  You have to have all new connector parts.   If you use your old ones, they won't install.   The washer I found comes with new connectors.   For the drier, I would have had to buy them.   And there was another "problem" which I can't remember.  Anyway, since my drier didn't cause me a problem, just my washer, I decided to just get the washer.  It goes on sale next Thursday.  And they will deliver it the week after.  (At Home Depot, they don't keep the appliances in stock.  You choose and they order and then deliver it and connect it  and if you want haul off your old one.) 

Then I ate at Popeye's.  Usually I get a buffet and take it with me.  I get three meals out of their carry out buffet.   I can't imagine why I thought it was a good idea to order an eat in buffet.  It's an all you can eat buffet which means you can go back and get more.   But I felt like a pig, just trying to eat what I got on the one time through.  The food was good but there was just too much.  I certainly didn't go back for more.  I hope I remember to never do that again.   I should have just got a snack meal of some kind.

Just did finish in time to get  to church at Westlawn.    ANOTHER very good service.

I came back to Jeni's afterwards and spent the night so she could go EARLY this morning and do what she needs done.  I'm not supposed to go to work until twelve, but I asked if I could switch to earlier hours--before I knew I'd be here-- because it's like not having a whole day to work if you have to close.

If I have to stop after I eat and start recovering the store, that is not going to help me get my reset done, but  I looked at the schedule and there were more people closing tonight than usual.  (Remember me lamenting when I've been the only one to do it and being on call to the registers as well.   Oh, and toss in there that I have to get out almost all the strays and returns as well).

One thing I really miss about my boss of ten years is that he would help us out.  He never stopped in his philosophy of "straighten-as-you-go" which he did automatically when he passed by an area that needed it.  And when he closed, he was always putting returns out.  (I'm glad he's happy where he is.)

Hopefully Jeni left early enough that she will be back before the morning is gone.   But, if not, that's okay.  I had already called and let my co know that I wouldn't be coming in as early as I had first said anyway but would be there as soon as I could. 

Now, let me get this show on the road.    Want to have my devotions done before I go to work.  I wait on those until I've had my cup of coffee and am fully awake.   If you wonder sometimes about why what I write here doesn't sound just right.... this is often part of my "wake up routine" so my brain is not fully in gear yet. I often come back later in the day and see much that needs to be corrected.

No comments: