Monday, August 30, 2010

Polish Sausage and Rootbeer

After work one night last week-- probably Friday-- I started craving a hot dog.

I've learned that the best place to get a hotdog is a gas station. They are good and don't cost nearly as much as Sonic. And who else offers them?

There's a gas station right on the corner of the Parkway and Green Cove but my luck with them is so-so, especially at night when I get off from work after staying until we close.

So I opted for Kangaroo.

And when I got there and looked at my choices, I knew I'd rather have polish sausage. The lady working was so nice. She told me, if I got two, I could have a free drink. She didn't have to twist my arm. So I got a 20 oz A&W Rootbeer.

When she rang me up, she gave me a coupon for another free drink on a return visit. On my way home today, I decided I was ready for a re-run and repeated the whole performance. Good thing I did. I notice the coupon had an expiration date of August 31 and I doubt I'll be eating anything like that for lunch tomorrow. Probably won't be going to town.

In the morning I get a tooth pulled.

Then later, I am going to keep kids for Jeni. She has an appointment. So, my "off day" is rapidly filling up.

I felt so much like taking a nap when I got home from work today that I just gave in and took it, knowing that it wouldn't matter if I stayed up later. I guess my body is still trying to catch up from last week's doings.

Now... on to something "productive". This is my way of relaxing and I really can't excuse myself for long because that nap should have relaxed me plenty enough.

One "productive" thing I want to move on to is to take the rest of the root beer and make me a rootbeer float with some yummy Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.



No comments: