Seems like I've been "on the run" for a couple weeks anyway. Last week on my day off was when Jeni had her surgery. That was a FULL day because I spent Wednesday night at her house, got the boys off to school and then brought Bradley, Rachel and Autumn home with me so I would be here for the washer delivery.
I was trying to get sales tax done and some of my laundry, before I loaded us all back up and went back to Harvest.
At work we were throwing in extra time because we were expecting IMPORTANT company.
The two weeks before that I was working as much as they'd allow to get the HUGE reset done in my department that had to be finished by the 16th.
And this week, there's still been plenty to keep me feeling like I'm in the push-push-push mode, although the events of Thursday have wiped out everything previous to that from my mind.
But, today I'm off
It would have been a good day to get together with my brothers but Davis had some other commitment.
I suppose Tesia and the baby will be coming home later today.
I think my best use of this day is going to be to try to put things back in order right here in my own house. Hopefully, I can stay focused on that.
I want to get Caleb and Cathleen (and Lexi and Felisia if they'll come) to spend the night and go to Sunday School tomorrow. Two weeks ago when I did that, I experienced a taste of the "stress" I'm always hearing people talk about. Normally, I don't get stressed out from what's going on in my life. I get TIRED. Sometimes I get frustrated, but God's Spirit helps me deal with that quickly. I get to listen to everyone else (mainly at work) talk about how stressed they are, but, generally speaking, feeling stressed is just not something that I commonly experience.
But two weeks ago, when I was trying to get those "littles" ready for Sunday School, find something to entertain them during church, get my house cleaned up for company, get the meal fixed, get myself ready and get their on time--- by the time I got to church, I was feeling what people express as "stressed out". (And I thought to myself, "so this is what they mean when they say that".)
Anyway, I decided to rearrange things to keep that from happening again. I told Sister Ginger I'd like to switch weekends so that I wasn't having them on the same weekend I was getting the kids. That was fine with her. (It means that I won't have the Saturday off before I have them on Sunday, which theoretically was supposed to be when I got my house cleaned up for company, but in actuality ended up being a time it got more messed up with grand kids.)
I may get to see some of my other grandkids today. I don't know that for sure, but it's possible they'll come this way to see Cash.
This is Josh in the nursery, helping bathe the baby. (I made several videos of the whole process. This is the two minute one.)
And this is Cash after he was all cleaned and swaddled.
Guess I've sat here and "woke up" long enough. I better get started on what needs to be done.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment