I don't recommend these as sleep aids.
I slept hardly any at all last night.
By late afternoon I had forgotten that I had slept so little -- because of the events of the day-- and was trying to figure why I was SO TIRED this afternoon.
Go figure.
The DM came in today and gave us the once over. (I've never been able to understand why he thinks it's a good idea to come in on the day we get our freight and "walk the store" to make sure we're in good shape.) He left the manager with a list of things to be corrected TODAY!! I think this may be the first time our new store manager has had a taste of his normal style of management .
One of the things that "needed to be" corrected was in my department. The first several pages of my new reset were items that were to be pulled and marked down. So I did. He didn't like it that I did.
Another part of his "style" is to point out things that he is unhappy with as he goes, then after he leaves, he calls back and tells the manager what he wants done about it. He called back after he left and said that I was to go find the stuff I had pulled and put it back out. ( Still, it would have been "a good visit" if that was all that we were criticized for. Notice that IF in there.)
Oh, by the way, did I tell you I was already short of enough time to get this set done?
Of course, the very way to expedite that procedure is to back up and start all over again, being sure that this time you do things SLOWER.
Oh, well.
I just did what I was told to do. And, as I was doing it, I kept telling myself, "Do not let this get to you. You can only do what you can do. Do the best you can do to get done all that you can get done in the time they give you to do it and don't worry about the rest. "
I figured he would probably come back before the day was over to be sure it was done. He has done that in the past. He didn't, but he sent his emissary. She checked on all the items he had said MUST BE corrected. I had corrected my areas of concern.
The MAIN THING I remind myself of regularly is that I'm not the one who is facing the gun. That was one thing I FINALLY was able to comprehend a long, long time ago.
If the sets don't get done, I'm not the one who will be barked at.
If the list of things that he comes in and requires of us is not done, I'm not the one who will be lambasted.
The biggest favor I can do for my boss is just do what he says to when he says do it in the way he wants it done and stop when he says stop (because he CANNOT go over payroll budget either) and do it as quickly, neatly, and efficiently as I can. AND don't leave without being sure EVERYTHING is RECOVERED.
(Methinks the assistant manager may have been called to task on the condition of the store because he was the one who closed last night and our recovery was deemed "unacceptable". I wasn't there last night.)
I still like my work.
I still like my work environment.
I like the people I work with.
I am very happy with our new management "team".
I have much to be thankful for.
Those are the things that I CHOOSE to MEDITATE on.
Even though from time to time I mention the stressful aspects of my job, these are not the things I choose to dwell on. I really like my work.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment