.
I enjoyed that soup so much that I made for Ginger, Shane, kids, Tesia and Josh last week that I decided to make some more for myself to day. BUT...
I didn't make it exactly the same way.
For one thing, I didn't have potatoes.
I just bought two cans of mixed vegetables.
But I really think the kicker in the taste difference was the fact that I bought some tomato sauce this week. So instead of improvising like I did before, using tomato soup and ketchup, I used tomato sauce and some sugar.
It just wasn't the same.
I could tell from the first bite. It was good, but not delicious like last week's.
So I got out my ketchup bottle and added some ketchup to the bowl I had just heated up. (It was very hot so the ketchup just cooled it down enough to eat right away. ) That really helped the flavor.
But I think if I do it again, I'm going to do it just like I did before and use canned tomato soup AND ketchup.
The cornbread I made today was better. I used one package of Jiffy muffin mix--which, to me, is too sweet by itself-- and mixed it with a package of generic (Food Club) muffin mix and made TWELVE muffins. I life muffins because they have more crust. The cornbread was GOOD. The soup was better after I put in some ketchup.
I'll have enough left-- both of the soup and the cornbread to enjoy for a couple days.




No comments:
Post a Comment