I called out for work....
FIRST time!!
I have not missed one day that I have been scheduled to work in the 10 years and six months that I have worked. Not even one.
Today I got snowed out by the one of the three largest snows in North Alabama history. There is six inches (maybe more) of snow in my yard and down there where I work, I think they got more like nine inches.
I thought I might do something "productive" at home today, but that went down the tube.
I have spent more time on the telephone today than I have in years.
First, my brother called me to be sure I was NOT going to try to go to work even though it would not be safe.
Later I got a call from a co-worker. We talked quite awhile and my cell phone was making "odd noises". When I ended the first conversation, I checked and sure enough, Sister Ellen had called me. (My New Year's company.) So I called her back and talked awhile.
Then I got a call from Social Security which I didn't get to in time. I called them back and had a lengthy conversation about when I should retire.
Then Sister Colleen called me to fill me in on some history about the Whitesburg Bridge because I had asked a question on Facebook about why is was called that.
I got a beep after talking to her awhile and thought it may be a call back from Social Security as I was supposed to get one. It turned out to be Josh.
Later in the day, I did get the call back from Social Security which turned out to be another lengthy call.
Between trying to keep up with the weather, and with all my FaceBook friends updates, plus the phone calls, I feel like I've had a day of real vacation. I did nothing productive but relax all day. And enjoyed it all day long.
Now it's ten o'clock and I'm supposed to try to go into work tomorrow if the roads are passable so I need to be thinking of going to bed. I won't even have to put my pjs on. I didn't take them off all day.
I was supposed to go in at 7AM. I won't be doing that. I'm sure if there is any ice at all, it will be there at 7AM.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment