Cathleen and Caleb and I were looking at the album when we came upon this one. I said, I'd like that one but I want to crop it. Caleb wanted to know what I meant by crop, so I said, "I'll show you. And then I'll put the picture on my blog.
So we started with this...
And I showed them how to crop it and then resize it.
![]() | |
| Cathleen, Felisia, Tim, Lexia, Caleb |
The rest of the story:
Cathleen and Caleb were playing very well together and having such a good time that I decided I'd slip in here and explain the picture I had posted. I had put up just the cropped one and saved it then gone back into the kitchen with them. But since they were having such a good time together in the playroom, I decided to put up the one I started with and explain what I had done. So I was sitting here doing that.
From time to time Caleb would run down the hall and tell me excitedly, "We're moving. We're moving." Then he'd run back. And I could hear that he and Cathleen were still having a grand time together so I just let them "move".
A bit later, I hear Brad's voice booming out. "What are you doing?"
Jef and Jeni were going to spend the night here and I was going to watch the kids for awhile this evening while they went out to eat. It was about seven when Brad came in. When I heard him, I got up and went out to meet all the incoming kiddies.
WOW!!
Then I found out what Caleb meant when he kept running in and telling me "We're moving! We're moving!" He and Cathleen had taken EVERY toy from the play room--large and small, and piled them high in the living room floor. You couldn't even see the floor anywhere. I didn't know there was so much stuff out there until it was all in one huge pile!
I wish I'd have taken a picture before all the other kids came in and delightfully began helping them play with all that pile of stuff.
Anyway, I learned that it's not a good idea to just sit here and be glad Cathleen and Caleb are playing so well together, especially when I am getting "warning" after "warning" that they are moving.
The kids had a fun time together. Finally Sam decided it was time for them to all go to bed. I was glad he thought of it. It was only 9:00 but we got them all tucked into a sleeping bag in the living room (after they had all "moved" the toys back to the playroom). Then I sat "on guard" for awhile making sure they were lying there quietly until their tiredness overtook them and they all went off to sleep. It didn't take long.
Brad had already isolated himself in "his" bedroom. Because of his disability, loud noises are VERY STRESSFUL to him. I remember back the first time he walked into my house--probably at five years old-- and my cuckoo clock started cuckooing. He started yelling and covered his ears. He's very sensitive to noise. And it's impossible to keep normal 3s, 4s, 5s. 7s and 9s quiet just because it aggravates someone else. Of course, they don't understand that his sensitivity to noise is not just him wanting eveyone to bow and bend to him, that it is something he has no choice about or control over. Because it's hard for him to be happy in the midst of chaos, I give him a bedroom all to himself so that he can get away from it all.
Anyhow, he had already gone to his room. Earlier I had already given him cotton for his ears but that wasn't enough. He was happy to shut himself away from the noise. And I laid the law down to the rest of the kids that they were to keep their noise at the other end of the house so that he would not be unnecessarily provoked. He was already asleep before they ever decided it was time to bed down.
I was somewhat amazed at how quickly the rest of them "flaked out". I don't remember that my kids were ever that easy to get bedded down at night.... except Josh. Josh would go to bed when he got tired and for many years that was earlier than most of us.






No comments:
Post a Comment