Saturday, January 29, 2011

The End of Another Week.

.

I had a humongous order this week. I hoped I could get it out in three days, but I didn't. Before I left last night I had got everything priced and I got everything but the stickers and 3-D embellishments out. But the sticker buggy is full to the top and I left two buggies of 3-D embellishments to go out.

One of my ongoing problems that I have to work on is getting called to the registers unnecessarily when I have SO MUCH WORK TO DO IN MY OWN DEPARTMENT. I feel like, and maybe it's so or maybe it's not, that the CSMs at the front live in a little box that shuts down their brain cells sometimes. They are not being "trained" by our present management either.

I miss the management that kept tabs on what everyone was doing and knew when one person had a huge load and adjusted the call to the registers accordingly. (For example, he would know I had a huge order and would put me on call from 9-10:30, which is normally a slow time to be called as a back up.) This bunch never keeps up with anything... at least that's how it seems to me, and it doesn't matter that I had the hugest order in the store, I get scheduled as a back up at the busiest time, AND get called at times when I'm not even scheduled. I'm sorry. It aggravates me. I know I have to get over it, but it still aggravates me.

Anyway, if I could have just worked my department, I believe I could have got the stuff out, but that didn't happen, so it will be waiting on me (probably) on Monday morning.

Regardless of the amount of freight left, we still have to all stop and recover the store before we leave. I know that. I'm not bristling over that although that recovery time may have been all it would have taken for me to get the rest out.

After work I went by to see Daxton, Felisia and Lexia. Lexi wanted to come home with me. And, even though I strongly discouraged it (because I was afraid she'd not be happy by herself), she insisted. She came. I got to know her a little better. She's quite a talker and an OBSERVER. She chattered and chattered and chattered. And asked more questions than Brad does. Well, maybe not. He is the KING of questions. She also let me know quickly that the pile of clothes at the foot of my bed needed to be cleaned up and that I had "too much stuff". (Her mother is an excellent housekeeper, so I suppose my clutter stood out to her.)

She went to bed at about 11 and she is STILL ASLEEP. It's after ten o'clock. WOW!! That's eleven hours. I'm not used to that. Jef and Jeni's kids begin getting up at 6AM when they spend the night.

Anyway, Lexi has inspired me to clean house today so I suppose I will soon get at it.

She is a SWEET child... as is her sister. I love them dearly. But Felisia will not, has never been willing to, spend the night with me. Back when I took them all to Bible School, Lexi stayed here with Cathleen and Caleb, but Felisia wants to be home.


While Lexi was eating her breakfast, I told her that Tim and her mama were coming to get her to take her to her Mawmaw's and Pawpaw's. She said, "Their names are Kim and Randy". I said, Don't you want me to call them Mawmaw and Pawpaw? She said, "No, cuz you're not their grandkids."

No comments: