Saturday, April 18, 2009

Worse than Freight Day

I expect to be all worn out every Wednesday after hauling freight, lifting heavy totes, and the other work that goes along with getting the freight from the truck to the floor and then onto the counters.

Today was my day off.

It's a beautiful day.
My yard needed to be cleaned up and mowed. The heavy winds cleaned out a lot of the dead branches from the trees around my house and set them down in my yard. I couldn't mow until I got them up.

So I have spend all morning picking up small branches and limbs and hauling them to a burn pile-- and burning.

I didn't think it would wear me out so much. But it certainly has. I feel like I've just taken a huge truck of freight to the floor.


Bending, picking up....
Raking and picking up.....
Bending, picking up....
Bending, picking up....
Raking and picking up.....
Bending, picking up....
Raking and picking up.....
Bending, picking up....
Raking and picking up.....
Bending, picking up....
Raking and picking up.....


I'm tired out.


Now it's time to do sales tax.
At least I will only have to move my hands and fingers to do that.

*******



Josh had borrowed my mower. He brought it back around two and said, "I thought Jef and Jennifer were coming out here. What time will they be here?"

I answered, "I've heard nothing about it, but call them. I'm HAPPY for them to come but I really need to get on that sales tax before they do."

Well, as it turned out, I didn't get the sales tax done before they came. That was okay. I'll get up extra early in the morning and do that.

I ended my "hard" day with a very nice evening of grandkids and kids. We fixed a quickie meal of broiled pork chops, baked beans salad and sweet tea -- which was very good. Then Jef, Josh, Jeni and Tesia went off to see Josh and Tesia's new house taking the "scenic route"-- which is to say, they did other things too. I kept all but Rachel with me and enjoyed watching them play. I did opt out when Sam asked if he could paint. I really didn't feel like getting out more stuff. Tomorrow is my Shane and Ginger day.

Later on, after Jef and Jeni had left-- much later than they had originally intended since tomorrow is church day-- Tesia and I wanted some ice cream. So Josh went to F-4-L and bought our favorite kind and we all had a root beer float made with (YES!!) Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream.

.

No comments: