Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Haven't Forgot You

I think of blogging every day....

But, the truth is, what with spring-like weather kicking in, I've also thought of OTHER things.


I'm still trying to get things back in order after the shift-around that was needed when my carpet was soaked from a leaking water heater.

.... and being somewhat involved with my kids moving took a lot of the "extra" time I would have used sitting here.

....and cleaning up my yard and getting it mowed, now that things are growing again.

....and taking time to be with family for various reasons-- Caleb and Cathleen's birthday, Blake's birthday, Davis' birthday, and my determination to keep on getting together with my brothers once a month for lunch.

.....and, don't forget, I work a full-time job that is close to 20 miles away, so I have to take time to get ready and time to drive to it, besides my actual work time.

.... and --

I'm sure there are other ands....

I am very thankful that Josh and Tesia have now been able to get moved into their very own little **home. Little, but not so little that they will outgrow it anytime soon. It will accommodate them and some additions. It's a nice house and they were able to get it repainted and put in new floor covering before they moved.

I'm very much pleased with the fact that they are both "followers" of Dave Ramsey. (Josh says Tesia listens to him every day.) They are committed to a debt free lifestyle. They have no idea how much stress that will save them but they are among the number who believe without having to have it proved by the hard knocks of life.

Which, by the way, has been their whole approach to life. That's why they have been examples of "doing it right" when it comes to how they handle their spiritual lives as well. God is good to all His children but He is especially able to work good things for those who let Him direct their steps from their youth.

However, having said that, I am amazed at all the tangled up messes God can untangle. I marvel at how, when people come to Him and put Him first and let Him direct their lives , He can step-by-step day-by-day create beautiful, satisfying lives.

I'm sure glad He's my Father.

Now... I just really need to get up from here and do some housework, get my hair washed, and get ready for work.

P.S. ** I thought about taking a picture of the house and letting you see it but I remembered that time constraints and other factors have kept them from being able to clean some debris off the front porch so I decided it would not be a good time for a picture.
.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I should just post an old picture of mine! But alas, it is not a digital one...just a hard copy :)

And yes...they won't grow out of it anytime soon. We only moved out after #4!!

MVN said...

Oh, yea, I forgot to mention: It's the house Kelly and Chris used to live in.

Can you scan the picture, Kelly?